Any tips on getting your music out there?

• Thread starter Fader
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fader

KickAss!
Reaction score
So I just recorded a bunch of new metal tunes. I am not a touring band, but would like to get people to listen if possible.
Any tips or suggestions on pushing out the music?

Thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd recommend Bandcamp. I also use Distrokid.

If you just want to get it out there, and don't want to mess with distribution, you could upload it to youtube and then drop the links on all of your social media and forums like this, but there's no telling whether people will check it out or not.

Or, if you are looking for ways to do promotion, well, it depends... what do you sound like?

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Yea, but how do you get fans?

Promote your music through social media, youtube, forums and news sites. The days of uploading your music and fans coming to you are long over. Now everyone is fighting over every little bit of reach that its as much experience as it is luck. You need to be able to really market yourself but know the fine line between spamming and promoting. You need to know every site and how best to post on it which only comes with experience. When and what to post is crucial but you also have the luck element with algorithms. You are also one of hundreds, if not thousands of people uploading metal music a day to these sites.

Youtube has always been the best way to generate an audience. Using guitar or gear demos to promote your music. The whole gear review channel thing has got so oversaturated that you can't really rely on it anymore though. There's 20 reviews of the new Neural DSP plug-in up already.

Share your music here and we might be able to steer you in the right direction.

')