Any word on the MT100?

• Thread starter sevenfoxes
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jon Pearson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Here's my video

I enjoyed the amp overall. Basically a big, 100 watt MT15 with a dedicated 2nd OD channel based on a Dumble ODS. I think the amp does great at the "Wall of sound" thing and overall has a very pleasing high gain sound. It is noisy, much like the MT15, so you will more than likely want to run a 4 cable method gate with it, but other than that, no glaring issues.

8 Preamp tubes ensures that each channel gets it's own tubes for the tonestack which is great, and each channel has it's own dedicated EQ. It's simple, yet well thought out.

Any thoughts on how it compares to the Archon on the high gain channel?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Here's my video

I enjoyed the amp overall. Basically a big, 100 watt MT15 with a dedicated 2nd OD channel based on a Dumble ODS. I think the amp does great at the "Wall of sound" thing and overall has a very pleasing high gain sound. It is noisy, much like the MT15, so you will more than likely want to run a 4 cable method gate with it, but other than that, no glaring issues.

8 Preamp tubes ensures that each channel gets it's own tubes for the tonestack which is great, and each channel has it's own dedicated EQ. It's simple, yet well thought out.

Drop C section sounded pretty noice. 🤘🏻

shreddermcgavin

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Definitely a cool amp if you’re looking for the option of a mid gain channel but overall not enough differences or added features to justify the jump from the MT15 for me. MT15 already has more than enough power for rehearsal/live settings and is unreal convenient size wise. Still cool to see this amp finally come out, just wish it had some more features outside of the added channel

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
It's been a few years since I've had it, but it reminds me of the H&K Warp T sound.

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
Here's my video

I absolutely loved the sound of this.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
The warp has really been on my radar of oddball but cool amps i wanna try

I wasn't a huge fan of it -- I guess I would describe the sound as bassy, thick, and generic, which is what I'm hearing as well in the middle section of the video.

MoistTowelette

Reaction score
Definitely a cool amp if you’re looking for the option of a mid gain channel but overall not enough differences or added features to justify the jump from the MT15 for me. MT15 already has more than enough power for rehearsal/live settings and is unreal convenient size wise. Still cool to see this amp finally come out, just wish it had some more features outside of the added channel
Yeah thats how I feel about it. I'm only really interested in the high gain channel and it pretty much just sounds like an MT15 to me from the demos. Could have at least added a resonance knob.

Reactions: drb

drb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah thats how I feel about it. I'm only really interested in the high gain channel and it pretty much just sounds like an MT15 to me from the demos. Could have at least added a resonance knob.
I was thinking this too, particularly about the resonance. I'm excited to see an MT15 vs MT100 comparison.

LCW

Reaction score
All 3 demos I've seen so far are good - and are all somewhat different so get a good broad range of tones to go off of...

Kyle:

Fluff:

Mark himself:

LCW

Reaction score
Can’t edit post so here’s Mark’s vid…

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
All of it sounds like a Diezel to me. Gravelly midrange. Kinda dark top end. A pumped up low end with like a hard knee filter to keep it tight, but despite all the low end, it somehow sounds small or pinched. I hear the same thing when the vids switch from a lower gain channel to a higher gain channel. The sound/footprint gets smaller.

I guess if it's a cheaper VH4-ish thing, then that'd be cool for a lot of folks.

The Pierce Paradox

Reaction score
Sounds a little flubbier on the low end as compared to the original 100W Archon to my ears in the demos. Ill probably keep the Archon and not worry about replacing it with this.

')