Any word on the MT100?

• Thread starter sevenfoxes
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

shpence

Reaction score
Has any one swapped out the Transformer of the MT 15 for a 50 watt one? I read that somewhere not too long ago.

Some dude was selling a modded one near me but I wasn't going to buy it to try it out. Just found this though:

Bassman1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
A 5751 in V3 and a 12au7 in V6 quiets the amp almost completely.
Indeed. I tried the same and had the same results. I love the aggression 9fbtje amp though. So, I opted to leave the 5751 out and keep the 12ax7 in place for V3.

To take care of the rest of the noise, I just use a ISP G String II in an X pattern. My drummer has no idea when the amp is on or off haha.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I just saw a post pop up by Tremonti saying the MT100 is finalized soooooo I guess it'll be out soon-ish? 🤔 🤔

I don't need it... I don't need it. I don't need it........... I need it.
AmbitiousKaleidoscopicCamel-size_restricted.gif

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I just saw a post pop up by Tremonti saying the MT100 is finalized soooooo I guess it'll be out soon-ish? 🤔 🤔

I don't need it... I don't need it. I don't need it........... I need it.
AmbitiousKaleidoscopicCamel-size_restricted.gif
This one?

I saw the post and I interpreted it as "It's not done yet, but I can't wait until I can put it up here." But if it actually means "It's done and coming" then fuck yeah. :lol:
Off topic but it sucks he doesn't have the Uberschall anymore. That amp seemed pretty integral to his sound for a long time.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This one?

I saw the post and I interpreted it as "It's not done yet, but I can't wait until I can put it up here." But if it actually means "It's done and coming" then fuck yeah. :lol:
Off topic but it sucks he doesn't have the Uberschall anymore. That amp seemed pretty integral to his sound for a long time.

yeah that one.

I just read it as probably finalized in the next few months and then they gotta figure out production for it. so proooobably next year sometime. maybe. Then again it's a post-covid world so production might take a lot longer. 🤔

LCW

Reaction score
Resurrecting… saw mention again of the MT100 here… no date or clue of release however…

Gmork

Reaction score
Paisan, Mark ThreeMountains, gonna put a big shot amp over hah.

View attachment 116538
Holy shit that incredible lololol.
On a related note, I just had the thought... Is there any point in getting the mt100 when everyone swears up and down the mt15 is absolutely loud enough for any application?
If the bonus is a 2nd channel then whatever. Yall think it'll have better/bigger power section making it sound that much better? I know no one can really answer that but any guesses/or rumors?

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Holy shit that incredible lololol.
On a related note, I just had the thought... Is there any point in getting the mt100 when everyone swears up and down the mt15 is absolutely loud enough for any application?
If the bonus is a 2nd channel then whatever. Yall think it'll have better/bigger power section making it sound that much better? I know no one can really answer that but any guesses/or rumors?
I'm mostly intrigued about the Dumble channel. Could be an interesting addition, assuming the starting price isn't crazy. Don't care about the extra wattage at all.

Reaction score
Yes and no.

The MT15 has noise issues that I don't think PRS will ever bother to fix without redesigning the guts since the circuit and parts spacing is based off of the Archon design. The MT100 probably won't have those noise issues based on customer feedback from those that bought the MT15. If the 100w head had the same noise issues... that would be bad for sales. I stopped recommending the MT15 to people because of the noise issues caused by the terrible layout.

Last edited:

Guitarjon

Reaction score
Cool. I'm sure it will be a great sounding amp. For gigging it will likely be a good upgrade from the MT15 but if you're not really into crunchy Dumble stuff the small one will do just fine. At 1800 it's definitely more expensive than I was expecting...

Meeotch

Reaction score
Cool. I'm sure it will be a great sounding amp. For gigging it will likely be a good upgrade from the MT15 but if you're not really into crunchy Dumble stuff the small one will do just fine. At 1800 it's definitely more expensive than I was expecting...
Honestly I was (am) hoping for Tremonti's MT100 to be on par quality wise with his USA sig guitars. I know it's apples to oranges but it would be rad for PRS to release the amp as more of a boutique/high end offering on a smaller scale...showcasing the best rock and metal tones PRS can conjure up. Obviously that would probably mean $3k+.

$1800 for a 100w tube amp made overseas sounds about right these days, and I'd guess it will actually be more than that. Let's hope I'm wrong.

lattjeful

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I mean, $1,800 seems pretty good for today's market, specially if the Dumble channel is anywhere near the real thing. Throw in the already excellent clean and high gain from the MT-15, and I can see this thing being a hit.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

According to this interview Tremonti says he approved the final prototype. Looks like we're not far off

Latest posts

')