Any word on the MT100?

• Thread starter sevenfoxes
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sleewell

Reaction score
hopefully it sounds better than it looks.

why would they ever put those knobs on an amp they want to charge more than 500 bucks for?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jon Pearson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Honestly they could have stuck with the original Archon aesthetics and just slapped Mark's name on it. The aluminum panel on the 50W Archons always looked so slick.

Gudbrand

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Actually looks decent to me. The worst part though is the generic knobs. And no dedicated standby switch.
The lack of a standby switch is probably a good thing. Most guitarists seem to think it’s a mute or that it protects the tubes when you’re not playing. In fact, leaving an amp in standby shortens the tube life. It can be useful for vintage amps to power them up in standby for a minute while they warm up, but it’s really not necessary for most modern amps.

LeftOurEyes

Reaction score
And no dedicated standby switch.

It does have a standby though just not a separate switch for it. I looks like a 3 position toggle switch that goes from off to standby to on. It does't look to be like the newer Archon 50 that just has an on and off switch with no standby at all.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
It does have a standby though just not a separate switch for it. I looks like a 3 position toggle switch that goes from off to standby to on. It does't look to be like the newer Archon 50 that just has an on and off switch with no standby at all.
Oh shit, you're right. I thought it was an on/off/on switch with different polarities on the 2 different on positions like some old amps, but nah looking closer, it's off/standby/on. Dunno what advantage a dedicated standby switch would have tbh.

drb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think it looks really good aesthetically, a nice big brother to the MT15.

There doesn't appear to be a resonance control, at least on the front. I wonder if they're just not going to have one like on the MT15 or if it will be on the back. Not that it would be a dealbreaker if I was looking to buy one, just curious.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
All three of the demos posted so far have this weird crispy high end quality to the lead channel, which makes me think it's part of the amp's character to an extent. Cleans sound great, even in Fluff's demo. Lead channel seems a bit thicker and rounder on the low end than I was expecting, but I guess since Mark loves the triple recto/uberschall, that kind of makes sense. Zach's demo was the best but I'm still not sold on the amp tbh.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
OKAY now I remember what the amp reminds me of lmao.
The Randall RM100. The front grille is pretty much a spot-on copy.

s-l1600.jpg

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Zack Wish. He does make everything sound good. High quality videos.
Yeah hes one of those Pete Thorn types where I can't trust his demos too much because everything sounds great lmao
Then again he pretty much tends to demo more expensive, higher quality amps.

BadSeed

Reaction score
Here's my video

I enjoyed the amp overall. Basically a big, 100 watt MT15 with a dedicated 2nd OD channel based on a Dumble ODS. I think the amp does great at the "Wall of sound" thing and overall has a very pleasing high gain sound. It is noisy, much like the MT15, so you will more than likely want to run a 4 cable method gate with it, but other than that, no glaring issues.

8 Preamp tubes ensures that each channel gets it's own tubes for the tonestack which is great, and each channel has it's own dedicated EQ. It's simple, yet well thought out.

')