Anybody dig CORONER?

• Thread starter Santuzzo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
I have known Swiss Thrash trio Coroner by name since thr 90ies or so, but I never knew their music until a few days ago when someone on another forum posted a clip.
WOW, what a great band and what an awesome guitarist.
Too bad the band does not exist naymore, but nevertheless I will try to get all their albums.:shred:

YouTube - Coroner - Reborn Through Hate (live)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

White Cluster

Gives Life Meaning
Reaction score
Love em...I've been a fan since"R.I.P"..Tommy T. Baron is great..Big influence on me along with Alex Skolnick..

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
LOOOOOOOOOOVE Coroner. Been a huge fan since the 80s.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Indeed. I've been a fan since the "Death Cult" demo days. Excellent band that definitely had it's own sound...

Reaction score
To me they're quite possibly the best technical thrash band around (although for me this changes on a weekly basis thereabouts). Punishment For Decadence in particular is excellent technical thrash that doesn't descend into wankery. It's a shame that Tommy Vetterli isn't interested in this sort of music anymore, cause he could write some really intense riffs when he wanted to.

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mad props:

gunther-von-hagen.jpg

The band's alright too, I guess.

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
they're great. mental vortex is my fav album of them :hbang:

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know if Tommy plays in a band at all anymore. All I know is that he runs a studio these days.

[namedrop]Tom G. Warrior told me a year or two back that he paints houses or something for a living (one of the Coroner guys does anyway, I'm sure it was Tommy).[/namedrop]

Santuzzo

Reaction score
[namedrop]Tom G. Warrior told me a year or two back that he paints houses or something for a living (one of the Coroner guys does anyway, I'm sure it was Tommy).[/namedrop]

This is the studio I was talking about:

New Sound Studio

But that does not mean he can live off the studio, so it might well be possible he has a regular day job (like painting houses) to make a living.
Either way I find it's such a pity he does not sdeem to be playing anymore....

')