Anybody good with Guitar Pro 5?

6Christ6Denied6

Reaction score
I was wondering if there was a "find and replace" feature (or something along those lines). For example; if I wanted to select all of the bass kick notes (36) and change it to the other bass kick sound (35) because I like the way that sounds better. Is there a way to do this without individually selecting each note and changing it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Necris

Bonitis.
Reaction score
I don't believe there is, I'd searched for quite a while. However if you are planning to export it to midi for use in EZDrummer or something Basskick (36) is the correct one to use. You could try importing the drumtrack the midi into reaper (if you have reaper), opening the piano roll, right clicking the C2 piano key (the key 36 maps to) to highlight all the notes then pressing ctrl+down to move them all down one to 35 and then selecting the drum midi and going into File> Export project midi (Entire Project, selected tracks only) and pressing "ok" and then importing THAT new midi into guitar pro, but thats alot of work for not much reward, IMO.

6Christ6Denied6

Reaction score
Damn, i don't think thats worth it then, also I hope guitar pro 6 has a feature like that.

Thanks

sunbasket

Reaction score
Haha, yeah... I have used GP5 for quite sometime and necris' recommendation (export-->piano roll-->import to GP5) is pretty much the only way to "batch change" notes. That being said, it's not that bad. Anything with a piano roll (hell, even GarageBand) should be able to do that.

I can't even count the amount of times I've had to change stuff like... a 4-bar rhythmic figure on E to the F# or something like that. GP can't even transpose by selection-- say, for a guitar track, it will transpose the entire track and fck up your finger positions. So:

Hit "2" (over) Hit "2" (over) Hit "2" (over) Hit "2" (over)

(select that change -- Copy. Paste 3X)

[Okay now transpose that again to C# on the A string for the next few bars]

Hit "35" (over) "35" (over) "35" (over)
Gah! Have fun! ;D

6Christ6Denied6

Reaction score
Haha, yeah... I have used GP5 for quite sometime and necris' recommendation (export-->piano roll-->import to GP5) is pretty much the only way to "batch change" notes. That being said, it's not that bad. Anything with a piano roll (hell, even GarageBand) should be able to do that.

I can't even count the amount of times I've had to change stuff like... a 4-bar rhythmic figure on E to the F# or something like that. GP can't even transpose by selection-- say, for a guitar track, it will transpose the entire track and fck up your finger positions. So:

Hit "2" (over) Hit "2" (over) Hit "2" (over) Hit "2" (over)

(select that change -- Copy. Paste 3X)

[Okay now transpose that again to C# on the A string for the next few bars]

Hit "35" (over) "35" (over) "35" (over)
Gah! Have fun! ;D

id hate to admit it but i dont know how to export and import stuff, i mainly use guitar pro to listen to songs, i mean it really doesnt matter if the drums use the "36" instead of the "35" i just was wondering if it was possible to EASILY change them:lol:

')