Anybody had any experience with the Washburn PXM27EC?

• Thread starter MattyinChains
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking for a second, "cheaper" 7 string for gigging with my band By Crimson Light.

My current 7 is a Mayones Setius GTM 7 and I absolutely love it. Would not change it at all, but don't fancy going on the road with a £1700 guitar...

So I have been looking and looking for the seemingly rare 25.5" scale hardtail seven. I like short scale guitars with heavy strings. Its just the way I've played guitar for my entire life, starting on les pauls etc. So I've found a few but none have really appealed or made me excited to try it. Then I found this...

Washburn PXM27EC Electric Guitar

Ola Englund has obviously got his own parallaxe line, and a guy of his calibre wouldn't be playing shoddy guitars (albeit his signature model isn't for me), so I reckon the quality will be high for the price.

Found a store an hour or so away from where I live which stocks one, and I reckon I'll go and have a look next weekend. But I'm just wondering if anyone has any hands on experience, or heard anything about these guitars, or has any alternatives.

Cheers!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pandaonslaught

Reaction score
They're a pretty new line of guitars still so it might be hard to find someone whos played that exact model. I did play a 6 string parallaxe, it was good. Hard to think of something better within the same price point. I personally would grab one of Ola's solars over that model, but i don't know if they're available just yet

Reaction score
They're a pretty new line of guitars still so it might be hard to find someone whos played that exact model. I did play a 6 string parallaxe, it was good. Hard to think of something better within the same price point. I personally would grab one of Ola's solars over that model, but i don't know if they're available just yet

I've heard some good demos of the Parallaxe, it looks like a really good line, but yea I'm struggling to find anything for the PXM27EC! I'm going to try it next week. Just a heads up would be cool and to find peoples opinions on it!

I have seen 1 or 2 solars for sale in the UK, but I think they are mostly for in the US.

')