Anybody use Amplitube?

• Thread starter Nightside
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
I live in a small European apartment in a big building with tons of neighbours and a wife that whines if a play loud enough to be audible. I've been thinking about just using something like this as a rig that would be suitable for recording and playing at home with just the computer speakers or headphones. I've downloaded the free stuff to play with for now. I don't have an interface yet so I'm just playing with the synthesizers in the free Syntronik pack. It sounds really good. All the videos I've watched sound really great. Especially the official modules like Fender, Mesa, Engl. Anyone have experience with this stuff?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Descent

Reaction score
I have the Amplitube and Fender packs, they're quite good. The Fender pack surprisingly does really well for blues and on the verge of breaking overdrive stuff, something that modelers usually don't do well. IMO the cabs are a bit of letdown and I substitute with 3rd party IR loaders, sounds more realistic.

I also use Kazrog and have been leaning more towards their models lately.

gienek

Reaction score
Clean amp sims are nice and responsive, i use it for that

Upgrayedd

Reaction score
I just have the Mesa Pack and I'm very pleased. I live in the same situation and it works well for my needs and as I am learning about home recording. I use it through a pair of JBL monitors. You can demo individual pieces of gear through the custom shop too. I would keep an eye out for their sales which seem pretty often, like last week some packs were $40. Good luck!

Elric

Reaction score
Plugins are a great way to practice and record. The AmpliTube Mesa pack is the best single set for heavy stuff. The Fender pack is really good, too, for cleans. Not crazy about some of the others but it is certainly not bad.

There are a lot of other good plugins out there these days depending on what you are looking for. A lot of them have free demos, too.

ExplorerMike

60% of the time...it works every time.
Reaction score
I’ve got the Dimebag add-on and it’s pretty spot on, I like it. I use it just to mess around when I don’t want to plug into the halfstack.

thrashinbatman

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've never been particularly impressed by the impulses and cab sims. The amp sims are fine.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting the iRig HD 2 to use with my laptop. Do any of you know if that interface will work with the Android app as well or would I also need the iRig UA interface?

')