Anyone Content and Gas Free

• Thread starter ibanezcollector
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rock4ever

Reaction score
I've spent thousands in the past couple months with no relief in sight. Now I have a hankering for PRS Stripped 58, Visual sound h2o chorus and a strymon delay pedal/timeline.

FML.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Guitar-wise, I'm quite happy with what I have. I've been feeling less and less of that urge I had to get a new guitar. Sure, if I see a pretty guitar, I wouldn't mind having it :lol:. There are a lot of beautiful guitars out there that I'd like to have, but my current guitar is versatile enough to pull off anything I ask it to. It's not like I'm dying to get a new guitar.

I'm only kind of GAS'ing for a new amp, even though I'm getting a relatively decent tone out of my Randall that I can live with for a while until the moment comes to get a new one.

I guess I'm just finally coming to terms with what I have... With that said, I'm afraid that might change once I get something new :lol:.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Pretty sure if you post here, you're never GAS free.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Pretty sure if you post here, you're never GAS free.

*sigh* That is today's reality check #1 :lol:

Seriously though, GAS will always be present. Maybe to a lesser degree in some people, but there nonetheless.

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
Actually, only things I am looking for is some "glue" gear, ie, some rjm amp stuff and a midi switching stuff.

Amp wise and guitar wise I actually don't need anything at all, happy with the guitars I have, more than happy with the amps I have to play about with, don't need anything at all, so am pretty damn pleased :)

Which, is a bit of a weird feeling...

Not to say I won't buy the odd thing here and there, but main rig wise I am extremely content :)

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
I kinda of ran out of gear to buy. I've owned or played every piece of gear I longed for at one time or another. The newer DAR stuff still has ahold of me, but I've had a preorder in for one of the preamps since they were announced. I'm sure my GAS would flare up again if something awesome came out.

troyguitar

Reaction score
Not even close, I have no idea what I really want and probably won't for a few years. There are just too many things I want to try out.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
I generally don't GAS as hard as some of the people I know here, but I'm far from having what I feel will do me the most good as a guitarist. It's more like I have a finite, deliberate list of things I want to acquire. I suppose once more money starts coming in for me it'll get bad though. I suffer from poor man syndrome: once I get money, I spend it recklessly. Good for the economy, bad for me. :lol:

StupidDav

Reaction score
I was GAS-free for a couple of months after I bought my Axe Ultra, then I needed a BKP Aftermath, got one and I've been GAS-free since then.

...But I've suddenly had a massive GAS attack for a Mackie HD1221 and a Warmoth Strat build :noway:

Had a little bit of underlying GAS for an Axe II since I heard some of Nolly's clips, it's not too bad though since it's too far out of my price range.

sage

twerk twerk thall
Reaction score
I get the odd GAS spike, but am generally pretty happy. I don't get to play all of the gear I have often enough, so more gear isn't the answer. More time would be awesome, though.

riffist

Reaction score
When I see some new gear and start with the GASsing I say to myself, "I was happy with what I have when I woke up this morning. Why wouldn't I be right now?"

I haven't bought anything major in a while, but it's like an addict that always has the danger of relapse over his head.

0 Xero 0

Reaction score
I have a PAF strategy to circumvent future GAS. I discovered SSO fairly early in my gear acquisition quest so I don't have a lot of expensive gear at the moment; however, thanks to Nolly, Misha, and a bunch of other people, I now know have GAS for some really expensive custom guitars like Decibel, Strandberg, and Daemoness. My strategy is simply this: if I just skip buying cheaper gear now and just skip to buying the best guitars, then I'll actually save money in the long run :lol:

incinerated_guitar

Reaction score
Guitar wise, GAS free:) Amp wise....SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH GAS!!!! Im very happy with my guitars, though, yes, Id like a bernie rico or a caparison, but its not really on my super want list. For amps, Im getting a 5150 for graduation, then Afterwards buy an Engl Savage 120 (sooooooo sexy!:eek:) with a TC Electronic G system and an orange 412 with eminence legends...I need a really good job.....:squint:

Luafcm

Reaction score
I want a Marc Rizzo signature BC Rich 7-string stealth. Gas free is not possible, maybe temporary GAS remission after scoring new gear.

And I want Max Cavalera to sing for Sepultura.

Ricky Roro

Christian
Reaction score
I don't have any gas because prices have been going up so much lately.

gas-prices.jpg

Anyways, my gear cravings usually subside somewhat when I put things into perspective of what I really need at the time. I just put the cool gear on a list for things to get later and slowly get the stuff I really need first and eventually (hopefully) I'll be able to afford all that stuff too.

JStraitiff

Melodic Mamma Jamma
Reaction score
The weird thing is i am extremely unsatisfied with my live gear. Im not getting a tone even remotely close to what i want. and yet im not really gassy at all. I know i need a new amp or some kind of pod but im not really dying to have it since i have been doing mostly all studio work lately. I was lucky enough to have come into possession of a vintage acoustic which has a totally different tone than my current one. I was really gassing hard over a $3000 taylor but this one seems to have taken care of that for now.

')