Anyone Content and Gas Free

• Thread starter ibanezcollector
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ibanezcollector

Gear Junkie
Reaction score
I am for once in my life kinda happy with the gear I have. Nothing seems to get me gassing, which is odd.

Anyone else content with there gear or are you still falling victim of GAS..

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mike0

Reaction score
Lately I've been feeling less and less gassy, at least towards amps and pedals. I am falling more and more in love with the tone and setup I have now. Once i get my next guitar and one more pedal (which I will not mention in order to keep this gas free) I don't think I'll be feeling the urge for anything for a good whle... hopefully... you know how that goes...

Demiurge

Reaction score
No GAS for guitars right now, which is ironic since I've been playing a lot more than I have in awhile (hmmm...).

But that means that I've moved-on to other things. Totally getting into fuzz in lieu of "metal" distortion and obviously there are a billion choices out there.

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
just bought an eminence wizard to put in my HT20 combo, so that in the mail. I'm already looking into adding a 1x12 cab before it even gets here...so that's a big "No"

plus i have a dano FAB chorus on my pedal board - that's enough to inspire GAS all by itself! (in all honesty, its pretty serviceable)

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
No. :(

Trouble is, I have quite awesome gear already so I'm gassing for fucking expensive stuff. :/ and the worst is, I don't need any of it.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Only way to get rid of GAS is

A) Practice technique/music
B) Acquire more gear... :lol:

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
Only way to get rid of GAS is

A) Practice technique/music
B) Acquire more gear... :lol:

This. Ive been writing alot of stuff similar to scale the summit lately and my guitar GAS is non existent. All i really GAS for is a new amp really

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
I've got an axe fx and an mii maple. Completely fulfilling after going through 20+ guitars and a ton of amps in the past few years.

The only thing I'm gassing for are my two Bernie Rico's.

Ironbird

Kahler Abuser
Reaction score
I've had wah GAS for the longest time. Kept buying, trying and selling a few until I got my Bad Horsie 2. It was love at first sight, really...but the coup the grace was how it sounded in the studio last night. It had that fat, chewy, dirty sound (think Jerry Cantrell on the Dirt album).

I think I'm done! Is that a bad thing?

broj15

Reaction score
Now that i have my rgd2127z on the way the only thing i need is an orange ppc412 and some decent mics for recording and i'll have the gas under control. Just give it maybe 2 months and the thist of my inner gear whore will be quenched.

Shor

Reaction score
I was content when I had gotten my Am.Deluxe Tele... and then I got GAS...but then I became content again after I got my 5150III 50W....and then I got GAS...so I bought another OD-pedal, which made me content...now I am starting to develop it again!
So yeah I am confident I'll be content for good after I buy something else I don't need.

goatLuke

ss.org Noob
Reaction score
im fairly certain my gas is directly linked to all the awesome stuff I stumble upon in this forum.:fawk: and my obsession with high gain amps that I cant afford :(

Moolaka

Reaction score
I wouldn't sell the amps I have now for any others, cabs the same way. I'm always looking for the last guitar I'll ever want, but the ones I have get the job done so it's sorta irrational to gas aimlessly at guitars I will never even see in person, let alone play or afford.

I need a pair of dbx stereo gates and some back up little things and I'm lookin forward to savin for a nice axe and really getting to know my current rig. I USED TO WANT EVERYTHING though, wahs, floor pods, wireless, ESP...Glad I didn't have the money all at once to blow on things that I just would not ever use. You learn the most about what you want by sitting and listening so maybe my tatses will change or expand.

')