Anyone else here stretch your ears

• Thread starter leftyguitarjoe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ToneCrafter

Tone Magician
Reaction score
I've always wondered... is the stretching reversible? If not, aren't you concerned about future job prospects? Unless you're working at Hot Topic or you're in a money making band....who the heck is gonna hire you looking like that?

Not being an ass, just honestly wondering...

PlagueX1

Banned
Reaction score
I've always wondered... is the stretching reversible? If not, aren't you concerned about future job prospects? Unless you're working at Hot Topic or you're in a money making band....who the heck is gonna hire you looking like that?

Not being an ass, just honestly wondering...

My friend said that it only can be reversed at a certain gauge, any larger its irreversible. Weather hes right or no I have no idea.

Crucified

Deathgrind Maniac
Reaction score
Everyone needs to take things like this as permanent. It's not all that way but it might as well be. if you are stretching a body part out these large sizes, they will always be there. they may shrink over time but there will be evidence that it happened. don't do anything to your body that you haven't thought about fully. I have tattoo's on my hands and my tongue split and big stretched ears and i'm still working and am relatively successful.

have skills and you'll work.

metaljohn

SS's Only Dick Butt
Reaction score
Everyone needs to take things like this as permanent. It's not all that way but it might as well be. if you are stretching a body part out these large sizes, they will always be there. they may shrink over time but there will be evidence that it happened. don't do anything to your body that you haven't thought about fully. I have tattoo's on my hands and my tongue split and big stretched ears and i'm still working and am relatively successful.

This. More and more jobs are starting to be less concerned with how you look, and more concerned with how you work.

BlindingLight7

Needs moar Gear.....
Reaction score
i think its stupid in the long run and everyone that does it is most likely doing it to be cool and "scene"

but yeah. i'm not here to say you shouldn't. i just dont thiink its good if yoi expect to get a decent job with those lobes danglin' around when you grow up

metaljohn

SS's Only Dick Butt
Reaction score
i think its stupid in the long run and everyone that does it is most likely doing it to be cool and "scene"

but yeah. i'm not here to say you shouldn't. i just dont thiink its good if yoi expect to get a decent job with those lobes danglin' around when you grow up

That may be the case a lot of times. Only a few of my actual friends have them. I personally like the way they look myself.

That being said, the only reason I haven't done it myself is because of my small lobes.

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
My bosses arent all for it, but I work my ass off and thats all that matters to them.

The times are changing. Things once considered in acceptable will become commonplace.

And I plan on getting a double industrial and my septum done:metal:

Anthony

Banned
Reaction score
I don't understand them, but whatever, not my ears.

Flux_Architect

7-String Samurai
Reaction score
When I was younger, like 18 or 19, I had mine stretched to a 00.
I used to have to take them out at work everyday, which really sucked, so I stopped wearing them. It's an expensive habit.

Now they are closed-up as can be....I can maybe still put in 18's if I wanted to.

The trick is to definitely not rush the stretch....One size for each two weeks.
I do go straight from an 8 to a 4, which hurt like hell by the way.:hbang:

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
It's an expensive habit.

Not when you have an endorsement deal for them:agreed:

And to address some comments I've seen on this thread:

I dont do it to be "scene". I do it because I like it. It makes old people look at me and say "WHAT THE HELL IS IN YOUR EAR". I like that.

It gives me a sense of individuality.... even though lots of people do it:scratch:

Its fun to shove pens through the hole.

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
I don't. I honestly don't foresee myself ever getting tattoos/piercings/anything. Just not my style really :shrug: nothing moral against it. And I think stretching is reversible up to about an inch, correct? I know a kid who has his ears at 2's or something like that and his holes start to shut within a few hours without earrings in.

Holy crap, your tongue split?!?! Aw man that had to hurt like fuck :(

... Got any pics? :lol:

BlindingLight7

Needs moar Gear.....
Reaction score

I dont do it to be "scene". I do it because I like it. It makes old people look at me and say "WHAT THE HELL IS IN YOUR EAR". I like that.

It gives me a sense of individuality.... even though lots of people do it:scratch:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: as individual as every other skinny deathcore scene kid with there black tshirts with what looks like thirty retarded monkeys splooged allover it and sold it at 50$ becuase it's a "in" design. and there poped bball caps and chains dangling from there boxer shorts.

meow meow meow meow meow

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
^

:shrug: Meh, its all good if its really your thing, I don't judge... because I don't care to be judged by the "different" things I do. I know Nathan (fellow Stumptower :yesway:) on here has gauges. I mean, I agree with Blinding Light to some extent... if you're just hopping bandwagons and spending your whole life on the image, than that's pretty lame, but I'm pretty sure that's not what Kevin, etc. are doing.

Personally, I think it's tough to really be entirely original, and it absurdly easy (weather you want to be or not) to be considered "different", so just try and do what suits yourself, and be more than than the costume you don, that's what I say. :cool:

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
I dont stretch my ears - I happen to like girls.

:fawk:

no the reason Is, I want to keep my body pure, sounds lame but Im weird like that :lol:

my only advice is - dont jump on the bandwagon bro - It looks awful and If you meet anyone old fashioned like me - they wont take you seriously :ugh:

Why would you endorse someone to look like everyone else? :scratch:

poopyalligator

Dr.Poopyalligator
Reaction score
At call center jobs they have all sorts of people with huge gauges and tattoos and the whole deal. I am sure that half of the old people who called and saw the person that was actually helping them, they would be frightened and not wanting to work with them. I think sometimes people get a general misconception that people who have crazy modifications are bad people or something, or that they have a lack of integrity.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
I have mine at 0g. They were 00g, but I let them go back down a size. Don't stretch your septum unless you have a really big head, or it's probably going to look weird.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't have stretched ears, nor do i want them. I think they look good on some people. I want to get my ears pierced - perhaps a stud on one side and a black item similar to a thumbtack (i'd have to see how it looks).

as it stands, I just have tattoos - hidden. I went from 0 to 6 in 5 months.

I try not to judge people on what they think or do, but sometimes it happens.

')