Anyone else see Nevermore on this tour yet?

• Thread starter Slayer89
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Slayer89

The Demon Barber
Reaction score
Saw them at Slim's a few days ago. Other than some bass problems the show was amazing. I've been waiting years to see them and was not disappointed. Set was as follows.

Narcosynthesis
I, Voyager
Termination Proclimation
The River Dragon Has Come
Born
Emptiness Unobstructed
Inside Four Walls
Your Poison Throne
The Heart Collector
Beyond Within
This Godless Endeavor
Taste Revenge
The Obsidian Conspiracy
Enemies of Reality

For anyone who did go, did anyone happen to get a vid of the Loomis VS Attila shred off? I know it's not as epic as the Broderick one, but was still cool.

So who else has seen this or plans to?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AvantGuardian

Orange Vigilante
Reaction score
Saw the show in Seattle and it was awesome. :hbang:

Jeff/Attila shred-off? That didn't happen at the Seattle show. Attila didn't get to play too many leads (mostly just some of the harmonized solos and some shredding on Enemies of Reality) but he totally nailed the ones he did play. I was standing on his side of the stage for most of the show and he was really fun to watch.

The setlist was pretty similar to the one you posted from what I can remember. They played Seven Tongues of God at some point though. Anyway, I'm really glad I finally got to see them live. Wish I had remembered ear plugs though because my ears were ringing for the next two days.

SYLrules88

I play drums!
Reaction score
i should be seeing them on the 9th. last and only time i saw them was may of 2006. great to see they are still doing i voyager! i really wanted to hear the river dragon last time, sure hope they keep doing it. i plan on bringing my zoom Q3 recorder to try and get some video, but that hasn't worked out so well for me the last few concerts ive tried it at

Slayer89

The Demon Barber
Reaction score
Saw the show in Seattle and it was awesome. :hbang:

Jeff/Attila shred-off? That didn't happen at the Seattle show. Attila didn't get to play too many leads (mostly just some of the harmonized solos and some shredding on Enemies of Reality) but he totally nailed the ones he did play. I was standing on his side of the stage for most of the show and he was really fun to watch.

The setlist was pretty similar to the one you posted from what I can remember. They played Seven Tongues of God at some point though. Anyway, I'm really glad I finally got to see them live. Wish I had remembered ear plugs though because my ears were ringing for the next two days.

Yeah, when they came back for the encore they started it with a mini guitar duel. They also had Seven Tongues on their setlist, but I guess they cut it due to time constraints brought about by bass problems.

trb

Reaction score
I was hoping to see them on Nov 4 in NC. My wife will be out of town so I'm stuck at home with the kids! :(

UGH

Reaction score
Was supposed to go tonight! Dude got into an accident while coming to pick me up. He's O.K. an all but, I'm still sad and slightly pissed....drunk now, as well.

Lasik124

Reaction score
Can't wait to see them! Thanks for posting the set list too!!

IDLE

Reaction score
I'm hoping to make it to their Halloween show. It should be awesome!

shaneroo

Oh, herrrrro......
Forum MVP
Reaction score
saw them in LA.... singer totally tore his voice though, and couldn't sing that night..... he literally made the crowd sing at least 30%.
otherwise, typical awesomeness, as far as guitar and drums go.

DarkSaga

Reaction score
Dude, I was at the Slim's show too! I was in shock to not see more people there. Maybe the Folsom St. S&M/Bondage/Leather Fetish Fair scared everyone away!HAHAHAHA It's not everyday you see naked guys walking around the streets with only a cock ring on:noplease::noplease:

Loomis= GOD. Literally, I was right in front of him the whole night and got extremely inspired, but also deeply deeply depressed!

I hung out with Warrel before soundcheck and he seemed pretty sick, but put on a great show despite Jim being a f'n prima donna with his bass cutting out and then he didn't even realize that the reason the new bass the tech gave him wasn't working was because his amp was still on standby hahahaha

Also, the 10 second guitar duel was lame! They both had their wah's full throttle and Atiila's sound was just mushy Line 6 tone w/wah :barf:

But,an awesome show and my first time seeing Nevermore and everyone should go get their faces melted off by Mr. Loomis!!!!

mrcheapyasui

Reaction score
I saw them in sf also! Loomis was extremely amazing of course, but I wouldn't have complained if they turned his guitar up more!! It was lame though, we had to leave early cuz the streetsweeper was going to come at midnight, so we left after this godless endeavor (thank goodness we stayed for that!). Also the friend I was with had work at 4:30 am, but it was worth it to get killed by loomis all night!!:shred:

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
I ordered my tickets for the Philly show the day they were available! 2 more weeks!

I'm excited as hell, haven't seen them since halloween 2005 opening for Opeth

Reaction score
Saw them in portland. Almost saw them in seattle the day before, but I didn't have enough money to meet them at that point. But yeah the show was cool and the new guitarist did a great job. He nailed the harmony in the river dragon has come solo.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, the guys in NM (good friends of mine) put my wife & I on the guestlist. I caught their hometown show in Seattle right after I saw Primus at another venue. Primus & Nevermore in one epic night! Awesome!

Cadavuh

Bounce The ....
Reaction score
Saw then in Tucson on Sunday. The other touring bands on the bill were a bore but Nevermore was great! Warrell Dane was pretty spot on as was Jeff Loomis. A couple of urks though, they didn't play The Psalm of Lydia OR My Acid Words. Also they were in their tour bus the whole time before the show, and then went right back in immediately after they played. Warrell Dane even made a comment on stage about them not being pretentious and not doing an encore after the crowd shouts for it, but they still managed to pull a rockstar move.

Pauly

Not so local lefty
Reaction score
I saw them in London with Mr. Ortiz earlier this year. The band were pretty tight but Warrell let the crowd do half the singing and didn't sound too great when he did open his mouth. He cocked up the lyrics for one of the new songs they were doing some filming for and they had to play it twice. And then he cocked it up again and they gave up. Oops. Loomis was obviously 1337

iPhone videos, awful sound quality, and some pics:

29678_446724053641_503408641_5869892_751411_n.jpg

29678_446723968641_503408641_5869891_7276866_n.jpg

29678_446723813641_503408641_5869889_6773351_n.jpg

29678_446723678641_503408641_5869888_1034086_n.jpg

')