Anyone got any Mind Blowing Questions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zehailiu

Reaction score
There's a slew of topics on that already I'm pretty sure, apparently some people think if we are in a simulation, then the most probable candidate for the simulators is humans from the future.

RaceCar

Que te jodas.
Reaction score
You haven't turned into me, so you're clearly not doing it right.

... where the balls did this come from? We already discussed the answer to your last question, I've already said a few things about MWI, and I completely fail to see what this post has to do with anything.

Jeff

Sorry didn't read through the whole thread. Didn't see it. My bad.

You seem like a pretty smart guy. That's why I was asking if you've ever heard of this concept of time not existing. I am not at all educated on this, I've only heard the basic overview through a few science magazines and shows.

JBroll

Hard-On For Freedom™
Contributor
Reaction score
I said a few things on it earlier, but... it is completely impossible to tell how you jump from 'time is another variable'/'time is the fourth dimension' (which was previously explained) to 'time doesn't exist' (which is utter nonsense), and the many-worlds question you asked above doesn't have much of anything to do with your questions about time. The thread calls for 'mind-blowing' questions, but if your mind is easily blown then it's impolite to ask questions that a simple search could have handled easily.

Jeff

RaceCar

Que te jodas.
Reaction score
I said a few things on it earlier, but... it is completely impossible to tell how you jump from 'time is another variable'/'time is the fourth dimension' (which was previously explained) to 'time doesn't exist' (which is utter nonsense), and the many-worlds question you asked above doesn't have much of anything to do with your questions about time. The thread calls for 'mind-blowing' questions, but if your mind is easily blown then it's impolite to ask questions that a simple search could have handled easily.

Jeff

Allright smarty pants. Here's my ultimate question.

"WHAT IS TIME?!"

(ps. im kidding. relax.)

Zehailiu

Reaction score
One thing I don't get is Foucault's Pendulum, how is it that a pendulum on earth is seemingly aligned with all mass in the universe, most of which is remote galaxy clusters, and not so much with earth or any of the local mass?

Hollowman

Reaction score
Do people on here follow trends by this I'm not talking fashion trends or musical trends. but, trends like financial and environmental? and what is your predictions for the coming years?

JBroll

Hard-On For Freedom™
Contributor
Reaction score
a pendulum on earth is seemingly aligned with all mass in the universe, most of which is remote galaxy clusters, and not so much with earth or any of the local mass?

Figure out what the hell this is supposed to mean, or convince yourself that it doesn't mean anything and that the pendulum just moves on its own and ignores Earth's rotation, and it'll all be clear.

Jeff

halsinden

it's a british thing
Reaction score
i know this is the lounge and it's meant to be serious, but this did admittedly spring to mind when i saw this thread:

poor big'yin is clearly tortured by the clarity of his vision. brilliant.

H

Razzy

[10]
Reaction score
How do the oceans span beyond my sight?

Why are there a million stars way above em at night?

What's with all of the mountains, trees, the seven seas
And everything chilling underwater, please?!?!

How come when I plant a little seed, nature grows?

Where did Niagara falls and the pyramids come from?

Why are there fucking rainbows after it rains?

Pure motherfucking magic
Right?

Fucking magnets, how do they work?

How could fifteen thousand Juggalos exist, even get together?

How does a caterpillar turn into a butterfly?

JBroll

Hard-On For Freedom™
Contributor
Reaction score
A single Juggalo is more than enough to cast doubt on the existence of any sense of justice in the universe and leave anyone of reason with no choice but to conclude that there could never be a just, loving god.

Jeff

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Jeff + science threads = someone getting pissed off :rofl:

Now thats something I think we can all understand.

')