Anyone got any Mind Blowing Questions?

Cadavuh

Bounce The ....
Reaction score
To me, the puzzle is about ignorance. He does not simultaneously believe that London is and is not pretty. He believes London is pretty, and the city which he is in, which he believes to be not-London, is not pretty.

You scenario has differing characteristics in the juxtaposition that makes the two beliefs not equal in comparison.

That still doesn't change the fact that the two statements he is believing are semantically identical, he is believing A and not A at the same time.

If by that you mean 'belief in generalizations taken so far that they become wrong', then yes. However, it has nothing whatsoever to do with a French boy, England, beauty, translation, or anything else but improper generalizations.

Jeff

Jeff, regarding your first sentence, I am accusing you of sophistry :p. No, I don't mean that. It also does have nothing to do with any of those things you named off, the example could be restated with different variables. I think you might be overlooking the problem, that A is (semantically speaking)believing Pv~P at the same time. Sure, its not a wholly pragmatic problem, or a mind-blowing question, but there is still a puzzle involved.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JBroll

Hard-On For Freedom™
Contributor
Reaction score
He is, by your account, believing something and its negation at the same time, and you're correct in saying this is a problem. I fail to see how there is any puzzle beyond what has already been pointed out, though... is that supposed to be the puzzle?

Jeff

Cadavuh

Bounce The ....
Reaction score
He is, by your account, believing something and its negation at the same time, and you're correct in saying this is a problem. I fail to see how there is any puzzle beyond what has already been pointed out, though... is that supposed to be the puzzle?

Jeff

Ja, das ist correct.

Hallic

Got T.I.N.G?
Reaction score
im just going speculate a bit.

Will we ever be able to define the smallest particle/or fysical subnuclues thingy, and the biggest? When considering math problem and working in dimensions, you''ll always need one dimensions more to define the first few. So if you have 4 dimensions, you'll know you have 4 from a 5th dimensional standpoint.
does this mean that once we found a smaller particle we'll need a smaller new subparticle that will characterize the particle we then just discovers?

Is everything what is happening defined by the fysics on quatum level, even simple thing like the feeling the need for picking up yur guitar?

What will happen in ~25years when we human have completed developing an AI more intelligent than the human brain. I mean, global war for this technology? WIll the be like a 2nd type of enlightment of the human race? that new information by this AI blows are mind and will allow us to proceed further as a race, that we may enhance ourselves with DNA manipulation and mechnical/digital upgrades?

how many planets will we have colonized by the year 2100?

JBroll

Hard-On For Freedom™
Contributor
Reaction score
First question of the second paragraph may be already settled; the observation about dimension isn't quite right.

The third paragraph... in theory the details are all worked out, but nobody goes straight from fundamental particle interactions to the hierarchy of needs because the technical wizardry required to do so is completely infeasible and not at all worth the trouble (considering where else we could put it).

For the fourth paragraph... first, define and measure intelligence. We'll see about ~25 years... we've made amazing progress since 1985, but it hasn't gone as planned and there do seem to be obstructions to 'human-like' AI. As far as a new enlightenment... I'd honestly say that it's about time to start thinking about how far one is currently underway, rather than just pushing it forward and leaving the work to future generations.

For the last problem... 7.8 planets.

Jeff

JBroll

Hard-On For Freedom™
Contributor
Reaction score
That depends on how many drinks you buy us and how we're feeling about our daddy issues that evening. Prospects are typically better when they haven't called in a few days to ask if we need money.

Jeff

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Why do so many people like the Peanuts gang and their shitty comics?

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I don't. I'm allergic to peanuts.

Peanuts GANG bro, like, the Charles Schultz comics

attachment.php

Latest posts

')