Anyone got any Mind Blowing Questions?

That_One_Person

Gotta link for that?
Reaction score
Alright... Why the fuck is mayo considered the "standard" condiment for sandwiches? I don't see why everytime I order a burger I have to say no mayo.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I imagine it'd be like playing a video game with cheat codes: fun at first but then pretty boring. I imagine you'd cure a few diseases for humanity, then kill yourself after a while

Curing diseases wouldbe childs play with that kind of knowledge. You'd have complete understanding of physics and nature as a whole aross the known universe. You could advance technology as far as you wanted in no time at all.

The Somberlain

Hollow Man
Reaction score
For me, the enjoyment of life is learning more, and all organic activity is based on learning, trial and error. If one knows everything, one would not have a reason to live.

Skyblue

Reaction score
If you knew EVERYTHING, wouldn't it mean you could basically do anything you want? as in, become god-like in a way?
could be fun, but probably just in the physical sense of it. I'd still love to try :D

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you knew everything than you'd know whether or not there's an afterlife and what it'd be like, so there'd be no escaping your omnipotence.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
If you knew everything than you'd know whether or not there's an afterlife and what it'd be like, so there'd be no escaping your omnipotence.

This is true, maybe there'd be denial and wishing for something beyond what you know.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
But you'd already know whether or not those wishes will be answered. :mindexplosion:

Thats where the denial comes in, does knowing everything mean you'd have to believe you do? Or would your perfect knowledge of human psychology mean you'd end up spending all your time trying to rationalise and explain all your own thoughts?

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's a good point. Being all knowing doesn't necessarily mean you can't deny things, as I can say I've known things with certainty but just denied them because it was the most comfortable thing to do.

scherzo1928

has wood for you
Reaction score
Well, if I knew everything, and became overwhelmed, I would know what I need to do to forget everything. I would first try and fix the things I think need fixing (in the world), cure the curable etc. Then I would write the things I know I'll need to know in the future. and bam!! ignorance is a bliss.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
But what if you ended up thinking about the consequences of your actions? Would that spiral into an out-of-control mental collapse as you end up enternally tracing the effects of your own decisions? Its like Chaos Theory, one simple event starts becoming ever complex as it progresses and more variables effect it. Eventually, it becomes so incredibly complex, it is unrecognisable in regards to its original form.

JBroll

Hard-On For Freedom™
Contributor
Reaction score
Shoplifting involves goods from retail stores, so unless said prostitute is registered as such and you take her 'goods' (a difficult task to accomplish without tacking battery on to your list of charges) it should be pretty clear.

Jeff

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
If a person with multiple personalities threatens to commit suicide, is it a hostage situation?

Latest posts

')