"Anyone happy with their setup and not constantly gear flipping?"

• Thread starter Given To Fly
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rokket2005

Reaction score
I sold a 7 string that I hadn't played in years, but aside from that I generally don't sell anything. I'm always looking for new stuff though, we'll see if I need anything new once my Diezel gets here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

espdna

Reaction score
absolutely happy, however lol.. they keep coming out with new stuff i want to try.. soooo although i am 100% happy, i do want other things :) NEVER ENDS!!!

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Joining a touring band out of town stopped my gearwhoring pretty quick. If it's not for the band, I'm not buying it.

Elric

Reaction score
AxeFx 2, power amp/cab. One rig to rule them all. Been locked in with FAS since 2010. Upgraded to 2 in 2013. Tone 'quest' done

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
i am happy with my basic band setup: guitar with emg's ->boss SD-1 -> Peavey VTM60+marshall 1960a cab.

Still on the lookout for more guitars though, but that's not because i'm unhappy with my rig.

xero7

Reaction score
Use to flip gear twice a year. I m on my second rectifier a tremoverb this time and I m currently in park with that. Owned just about every common high gain tube amp multiple times and am finally happy with the t verb. Wouldn't mind getting a mark v though. I'm currently collecting guitars and pedals.

lewis

Reaction score
Ive generally settled on the plan of Valves plus HD Pro for effects going direct to PA for live and Kemper for home playing and recording.

Its a win/win combo to be honest.

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
Very! AxeFX II, Avatar 2x12 w/ V30's, RGD2127Z, RG2228, and JP60.

The only change I want to make is replacing the Avatar with a Mesa 2x12, just because I like it marginally better. Otherwise I'm stoked on my setup and have been for a while now.

Jaek-Chi

Reaction score
In the past year i've been through 4 guitars, and 6 heads.

Now found the guitar for me (Searls Custom SS6 Radius Top) and head (ENGL Savage 120). Still some other heads i want to try, but after going through so many and being unsatisfied i'm thrilled with this.

Thanatopsis

Reaction score
I'm very happy with my rig of the last few years and have no plans to change it any time soon. Peavey Rockmaster pre(w/C14 changed to a .0022uF, an SD-1 for a boost that's on 95% of the time, a Sniper modded GE-7 in the loop on all the time) into a Classic 60/60. I wouldn't mind picking up another preamp at some point like a JMP-1 or MP-1, but it's not something I'm really gassing for.

MrBouleDeBowling

Reaction score
Rig-wise, I settled down when I got my EVH 5150 III. I already had a Mesa 4x12 cab, so, plenty of br00talz for my needs. The thing I'll probably never be totally satisfied with is my pedalboard.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
I wasn't until just recently, when I picked up another Dual Rectifier after not having owned one for a while, and add to that now owning an oversized Mesa 4x12. It sounds hella good. I'm also really happy with my LP Studio, and think the stock Gibson pickups sound really great. All that's left is to flesh out the complete pedal board and pick up another guitar or two....or 5! :D

Jaxcharvel

Reaction score
Kinda half and half for me. My Mark V has been with me for about 5 years, and will remain with me for as long as I can foresee. Both of my Carvin 7's and my SL2H will be with me till I die. Everything else is fair game. I had a Line 6 Spider Valve head that I traded for a block letter 5150 (killer deal). Then I swapped the 5150 for a JCM800 2203. Then I traded the 2203 for an old Laney AOR and $500. Then I sold the AOR for $600 and around the same time I ordered a brand new Splawn Nitro. Kept it for a year and yesterday I traded it for an older 2 channel Triple Rec and an old school Mesa/Boogie 2x12 vertical metal grill cab. It's a sickness.

PBGas

Reaction score
I've been pretty settled for quite some time now. XTC into Torpedo Live for recording, practicing at night quietly, and for playing live. Just waiting on some Creamback 65s that I ordered so I can get those godforsaken G12T-75s out of my cab! Can't wait!

The amp does everything for me and more!

I've ordered a Marshall mini Jubilee combo for a quick grab and go!

Bearitone

Reaction score
I've settled on solid state gear. Ever since I got my AMT R2 and my Mosvalve poweramp, I know I'll never have to go back to tubes to get the sound I'm looking for.

But pedals, speakers, guitars, and pickups will continue to change until everything is dialed in perfectly

dhgrind

Reaction score
i haven't been happy since i sold my 5150 block and jcm800 slant 4x12 back in '09 although i'm getting back to a similar set up with a 2x12 v30 avatar, 50 watt ares head. a boss hm2 clone, tube screamer clone, and an eqd dispatch master for analog fx and a pod hd500x for recording ideas/ simple tracks. i think my wife is about to make me sign a contract saying i won't sell or buy new gear for some years after the last 4 spent playing revolving door on so much random kit. especially with me not being in a band, or recording seriously.

however i'm selling an rgd2127fx, receiving an rg1570 and just put the first payment down on an 070 aristides. I need to find a cheaper hobby =P

P-Ride

Reaction score
Having just got a larger pedalboard setup, I've decided to move abroad to Singapore then Australia, so my setup has to fit on a plane (along with my clothes, skateboard and kitesurf gear!).

Consequently, I'm looking to downsize to a Pedaltrain Nano and will be taking my Telecaster HH with coil-taps initially, which can do standard and drop D.

I'll have a single soundcard (likely Apogee) to share between my MacBook and iPad with VSTs, both of which will run into a pair of monitors that I'll buy and sell on, in whichever city I'm in.

I'll then have my Les Paul in Drop C shipped out, along with my larger pedalboard, if I settle somewhere for a while.

It's quite nice knowing I have physical limitations to work with and can't buy anything more.

theFraz

Reaction score
"Anyone happy with their setup and not constantly gear flipping?"

I was. really. 3 guitars in 24 years.

...then I discovered ss.org... 8 guitars in 2 years...

punisher911

blah blah blah
Reaction score
I am now with my Bugera G20, 2x12TS cab, and Empress Heavy pedal. Anything else I might add in the future would just be for fun and ambient sounds...phaser, delay, things like that.

4Eyes

Reaction score
I'm trying to buy only gear that I'm happy with, or I switch it when I feel that I'm going for an upgrade.

')