Anyone have any info on At the Gates gear?

Vince Caruana

Vinsanity
Reaction score
Always been a huge fan of At the Gates, new album is killer! Anders Björler has been a huge influence on my playing. Anyone know what guitars, strings, amps etc they've used over the years?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shimme

Wants a Seven String
Reaction score
I know they're using Ibanez Iron label baritones... nothing else though.

DigiV

Reaction score
Always been a huge fan of At the Gates, new album is killer! Anders Björler has been a huge influence on my playing. Anyone know what guitars, strings, amps etc they've used over the years?

Anders uses Ibanez guitars, some type of prestige. EMG pickups. E.Ball strings, and the live amps are usually 5150 or engl powerball.

In the studio there's no question the amps are a combination. To me personally it sounds like a 5150/powerball/marshall mix. It's a very nice tone. :hbang:

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
I know they're using Ibanez Iron label baritones... nothing else though.
Anders has been using Caparison guitars for years. And I can't find anything saying otherwise... Might want to check this...

He had his own signature model 2 years ago.
More info on this please? ^

If it was THIS (see link below), it was way more than two years ago.
And I would NOT call this a signature since he wasn't plastered all over the Ibanez site like Vai or Satch or Abasi. His name or some identifier isn't even on the guitar anywhere. It just seems like a basic custom or custom shop guitar.

http://shredthataxe.com/post/14565793721/anders-bjorler-of-the-haunted-shows-off-his

In the studio there's no question the amps are a combination. To me personally it sounds like a 5150/powerball/marshall mix. It's a very nice tone. :hbang:
This sounds about right. ^ Definitely beats the old classic days of a Boss HM-2 into a Peavey Supreme 160 or a Marshall 8100. Haha!

Stijnson

Reaction score
I just read in an interview with them that they are using a POD HD live believe it or not!

Shimme

Wants a Seven String
Reaction score
Anders has been using Caparison guitars for years. And I can't find anything saying otherwise... Might want to check this...

Badda bing, Badda boom.
1978596_667966666597986_626972790_o.jpg

Didn't know about Anders using Caparison though!

They have a big Facebook album with pictures from the studio, you got good ears DigiV!

10505367_719962061398446_4495645263633016418_n.jpg

DigiV

Reaction score
Read my post again, mate.

CLEARLY NOT the Iron Label baritones.
CLEARLY the custom Prestige that he had awhile back that I mentioned. (That he claimed was his "signature" guitar.)

I put it all in my post.

Dunno why i heard "signature", he did say custom. I guess cuz it was posted by ibanez i misheard? Anders Björler (The Haunted) - YouTube

I just read in an interview with them that they are using a POD HD live believe it or not!

For clean tones and effects probably. link it

Krucifixtion

Duncan Hills
Reaction score

Stijnson

Reaction score
For clean tones and effects probably. link it

Check, or buy the new Total Guitar mag! Interview inside. All he sais is that he uses the POD HD live, no mention if its for clean or fx only. And that they are using the Ironlabels live and in the studio.

Veldar

Is Post-Thrash?
Reaction score
Mprinsje said:
You think so? I like the new record but i wish they would've put an HM-2 in front of those amps.

Same, the chainsaw tone made SotS.

Posted from Sevenstring.org App for Android

KailM

Reaction score
Same, the chainsaw tone made SotS.

Posted from Sevenstring.org App for Android

Me three. I'm a little disappointed about the tone on the new album. It's a bit too clean for my taste and I think a more raw approach would fit them as a band a little better. It's not a bad tone by any means, though it ventures close to djent territories on occasion (in which I strongly disapprove).

However, I may be biased because I feel Slaughter of the Soul was one of the pinnacle tones ever achieved in metal. I too, wish they would have mixed a little HM-2 into the new record. I have huge respect for the new album though -- they could have released SOTS 2, but they didn't. It is fresh and new, yet still brutal.

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
Same, the chainsaw tone made SotS

On paper, the amp setup used on Slaughter seems like it should make the most horrendous, unbearable tone, but God damn if that album doesn't sound amazing.

')