Anyone have any questions about Ireland?

• Thread starter Karl Hungus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, I'm hungover, and bored, so this might be interesting.

I'll try and answer everyone's questions as best I can, so shoot!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
VEGETATHEPUPPET said:
How many Poles work in Irleand ?

Around 50,000 or more.

Lots anyway, so much so that even in my little city, there's parts that are practically all Polish, with their own Polish bars and foodshops.

Sebastian

Reaction score
in poland they say that unemployment went down from 19% to 15-16%.... and thats because 2,000,000 poles went to work in western europe :lol:

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
VEGETATHEPUPPET said:
in poland they say that unemployment went down from 19% to 15-16%.... and thats because 2,000,000 poles went to work in western europe :lol:

I read about that. A lot of Polish going to work in England too, I believe.

Got any other questions?

Sebastian

Reaction score
Yes i have one more do you have a lot of football hooligans/gangs there? Do they kill the opponents team fans ? have fights , steal etc. ?

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
VEGETATHEPUPPET said:
Yes i have one more do you have a lot of football hooligans/gangs there? Do they kill the opponents team fans ? have fights , steal etc. ?

Not really, Irish sports fans seem to be pretty casual, there's no violence between oppossing fans, and I've never even heard of any killings. Football hooligans seems to be a predominantly English phenomena.

Feel free to shoot off a load more questions, if you got them though. ;)

Sebastian

Reaction score
Thats nice, in Poland we have a big problem with hooligans, is it easy to get a job in Irleand ? ( I dont want to live in a country, where i have no perspectives..) what is the minimum wage in Irleand ? Is the life expensive ?

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
VEGETATHEPUPPET said:
Thats nice, in Poland we have a big problem with hooligans, is it easy to get a job in Irleand ? ( I dont want to live in a country, where i have no perspectives..) what is the minimum wage in Irleand ? Is the life expensive ?

No, it's very hard to get a job, I've been trying desperately this past year with no luck at all. There was a report done recently that there's something like 600 Polish people homeless on the streets of Dublin alone, because the idea that Ireland has loads of jobs is more myth than anything. The reality of it is that a lot of businesses are outsourcing to other countries, aswell as a lot of factories closing down.

Minimum wage is €7.65 per hour. Everything in Ireland is expensive, especially the cost of accomodation, the price of houses is absolutely insane.

Dormant

Wanker
Reaction score
Is gaelic in School still compulsory?

[action=Dormant] would like to point out this is actually a serious post and not another gay joke. :D[/action]

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
Dormant said:
Is gaelic in School still compulsory?

[action=Dormant] would like to point out this is actually a serious post and not another gay joke. :D[/action]

Yes, along with classes on spousal abuse, alcoholism, begrudgery, and fist-fighting. :fawk:

Or if you'd rather a serious answer, I don't actually know, it's been a long time since I was in school. But I would assume that with the increasing amount of immigrant children who have enough trouble with the English language, let alone Irish, it would be optional.

Ryan

Reaction score
What are your local laws like? I mean minimum drinking age, pot laws, average speed limit. Is it mostly overcast all year round?

fleeeep

Meeedly meeedly meee
Reaction score
This is interesting to see what everyones idea of Ireland is!!!
Legal Drinking age is 18, but who ever obeyed that law in any country?
Pot is illegal, at the moment, and hard to get, unfortunatly.
It is pretty dull most of the year although the weather is getting better year by year, i was still wearing shorts up until a couple of weeks ago, never gets above the high 20's in summer and never much below freezing in the winter.

')