Anyone have/played a Steinberger ZT3?

• Thread starter Funleash
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Funleash

Reaction score
I've been wanting a headless guitar, and a tremelo for awhile now, and the ZT3 looks pretty good in videos I've seen it in, and I know Paul Masvidal from Cynic has played one, but I'm wondering if anyone here has one or has played one enough to go into more detail about it's quality, and if their "transtrem" works well (I hate floyds, but still want at least one guitar with a trem).

At $1600 new and around $1200 used (from what I've seen), I'd like to make sure I know what I'm getting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I played a few. They are great guitars. The neck was a little too thick for me, but overall it felt great and sounded pretty good too. Definitely worth the $1000-1200 used in my opinion.

Funleash

Reaction score
I don't know too much about neck thikess. I know Ibanezes (Ibaneze?) have thinner necks, but up until now I've been playing mostly Schecter and Agile, which I guess are on the thicker side?

Be_eM

Reaction score
I've been wanting a headless guitar, and a tremelo for awhile now, and the ZT3 looks pretty good in videos I've seen it in, and I know Paul Masvidal from Cynic has played one, but I'm wondering if anyone here has one or has played one enough to go into more detail about it's quality, and if their "transtrem" works well (I hate floyds, but still want at least one guitar with a trem).

At $1600 new and around $1200 used (from what I've seen), I'd like to make sure I know what I'm getting.

You can preorder them right now for $999. Out of stock right now, but should be coming soon.

And yes, it's a good guitar and transposing works well :)

Funleash

Reaction score
Oh wow, $999 new? Is that the only place doing it? Well I wasn't planning on getting it too soon, but now it looks like I might have to jump on it.

Be_eM

Reaction score
According to Sam Ash the price drop seems to be permanent. There have been others selling at this price, but were equally quick out of stock. However, it's Steinberger, the Gibson stepchild. History shows: a permanent price drop does not include the guarantee that these guitars will remain available during the next years…

yellow

Banned
Reaction score
I have the flagship ned Steinberger 1985 newburgh ny GL2T, the best electric guitar ever made (objectively speaking, cuz its not my subjective favorite choice in my collection)

I highly recommend REAL high end steinbergers, not the bs spirit Gibson knock offs, you cant go wrong, and that has a carbon graphite neck

pm me if u wanna know more

')