Anyone heard of GOC guitars?

• Thread starter Gmork
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
I've seen some of their stuff floating around on ebay, but the prices are kind of crazy for a body. They wanted 500$ for a headless body that takes strandberg necks/hardware. :ugh:

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I've seen some of their stuff floating around on ebay, but the prices are kind of crazy for a body. They wanted 500$ for a headless body that takes strandberg necks/hardware. :ugh:
They must be hitting up the local dispensary too often.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
There are a few companies out there like this. But, once you add all the parts on, the price isn’t all that great. And the stuff you’d have to do on your own is quite labor intensive, and not necessarily easy. It just makes more sense for me to pay someone to take it from soup to nuts.

Don Tonberry

Reaction score
I just bought one of their kits on eBay. I already have some parts laying around to put in it so the total cost isn't too bad but I'll report back on the quality when I get it

JsnKelly

Reaction score
Late to the conversation but I think this is the same guy that did Neko guitars. He uses those same 3 lines on some of the GOC guitars that he used on Neko... also both are from St. Louis. GOC stands for grumpy old cat... Neko’s Logo was a cat. Pretty sure it’s the same guy!

Don Tonberry

Reaction score
Late to the conversation but I think this is the same guy that did Neko guitars. He uses those same 3 lines on some of the GOC guitars that he used on Neko... also both are from St. Louis. GOC stands for grumpy old cat... Neko’s Logo was a cat. Pretty sure it’s the same guy!
I got my guitar in the mail. Can confirm that it is indeed Neko guitars. That being said, I'm pretty happy with it for the price I got it for.

horrorwes

Reaction score
I have two and can confirm that they are awesome.

Attachments

• IMG_0926.JPG
    IMG_0926.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 70

oneblackened

Tube Amp Dork
Reaction score
Definitely Neko... so I'm gonna say don't give the guy your money. He ran off with people's money IIRC.

lewis

Reaction score
I have one.
Its really really cool. Its the Vajra headless. Mine is 01 too which is cool. SS frets. Ergo neck shape. 26-25 multi scale. Alder body with antique stained maple neck/board. Glow in the dark block side inlays etc. Cool pickguard too.

Mines going to get Blackhawk alnico's and a LED Killswitch in it.

Don Tonberry

Reaction score
I got my guitar in the mail. Can confirm that it is indeed Neko guitars. That being said, I'm pretty happy with it for the price I got it for.

Definitely Neko... so I'm gonna say don't give the guy your money. He ran off with people's money IIRC.

I actually got in contact with them and got clarification on this. It is NOT Neko guitars. Both of these companies ran through the same builder but are not affiliated in any way. On a side note after using the GOC guitar that I got for a few months now, I'm really surprised how well it plays. It's my main drop C guitar. I stuck Fishman Fluence Moderns in it and it's just wicked

Crundles

Reaction score
Not sure if this counts as a necrobump, but I just saw this:

And it looks hella nice for the price. I'm in Europe, but for 650 USD and 75 USD delivery this would be more affordable than most major brands and/or local luthiers.

Would it make any sense for me to order from them? Seems they are MiC but go through a quality check in the US.

edit: There seems to be a group run for the headless on their facebook, 690 USD and free delivery. If the guitars are nice this seems like pretty decent value

Last edited:

Gishki

Reaction score
edit: There seems to be a group run for the headless on their facebook, 690 USD and free delivery. If the guitars are nice this seems like pretty decent value

I entered the headless run (they've extended it due to its success), really curious how it will turn out, extremely excited to try a headless multiscale guitar which I haven't tried before. I'll report back here once I have it.

Crundles

Reaction score
I entered the headless run (they've extended it due to its success), really curious how it will turn out, extremely excited to try a headless multiscale guitar which I haven't tried before. I'll report back here once I have it.

Yeah a few people from SSO joined, me included.

There's a bigger thread with some more info and pictures in case you're not keeping up with GOC's facebook:
http://www.sevenstring.org/threads/thoughts-on-goc-guitars.334243/

Cheers!

remco mayer

Reaction score
Any contact details like address or phone number from theses guys