Anyone here bench, lift weights, etc?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sage

twerk twerk thall
Reaction score
Um, yeah... What's wrong with pre-workout bananas? I'm just trying to get some carb action in there that doesn't make me wanna puke when I'm lifting less than 1/2 hour later. If there's something I should know, let it out.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Strenght training so I care more about deadlifting more than guns.

:hbang: That's the spirit.
The main powerlifts will be your quickest route to physique development anyways, especially if you perform the lifts with a bodybuilding mentality.
By limiting the amount of isolations you can hit the main lifts with greater frequency and intensity.

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
I had what I can honestly say was the most intense day of leg training of my entire life. This weeks set was a 3x5 and today I was doing hex bar and parallel squat. My three sets on hex bar were 435, 465, and 485 which completely drained me. By the end of that I didn't want to do squats but I figured "Fuck it, YOLO!" :lol:
Put 325 on for first set of five and lawdy that was hard. Then I continued to add weight to 345, which is probably where I should of stopped. On my final set with 365 my legs completely gave out. I have never had that happen. :ugh: Finished it off with some hamstring curls and now I can barely walk.
I need a fucking nap. :lol:

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
If you can swing the $ go for a pure whey isolate.
Look at the ingredients and see what is listed first.
If it's whey concentrate then you can almost count on it being almost entirely that.
The brands sort of hide behind the whole "proprietary blend" thing, in which they can give you literally a pinch of isolate and then claim it's a blend of isolate or they sometimes say it's a whey isolate based blend when it's clearly almost all concentrate.

That's not to say that there's no benefit in these, but it is very deceptive how they label it, and the biological value of the concentrate based blends is much less.

Interestingly enough, whey isolate is almost completely deficient of glutamine, which is why they almost always have glutamine added separately, or include another protein source in the blend.

The main thing is just to research it and learn what the amino acid profile is of whatever your taking so that you can compliment it with another food or powder which is high where the other is low.

Soy isolate (supro) is very high in glutamine (18% by volume), but many people stay away from it because of the bad rap that soy concentrate has for being an estrogen booster. From what I've read in the past, the isoflavanoids (or whatever they're called) that are responsible for the estrogen effects are not a problem with the supro.
I'll readily admit though that I haven't read shit on the subject in the last decade, so newer research might prove otherwise now for all I know.

Reaction score
If you can swing the $ go for a pure whey isolate.
Look at the ingredients and see what is listed first.
If it's whey concentrate then you can almost count on it being almost entirely that.
The brands sort of hide behind the whole "proprietary blend" thing, in which they can give you literally a pinch of isolate and then claim it's a blend of isolate or they sometimes say it's a whey isolate based blend when it's clearly almost all concentrate.

That's not to say that there's no benefit in these, but it is very deceptive how they label it, and the biological value of the concentrate based blends is much less.

Interestingly enough, whey isolate is almost completely deficient of glutamine, which is why they almost always have glutamine added separately, or include another protein source in the blend.

The main thing is just to research it and learn what the amino acid profile is of whatever your taking so that you can compliment it with another food or powder which is high where the other is low.

Soy isolate (supro) is very high in glutamine (18% by volume), but many people stay away from it because of the bad rap that soy concentrate has for being an estrogen booster. From what I've read in the past, the isoflavanoids (or whatever they're called) that are responsible for the estrogen effects are not a problem with the supro.
I'll readily admit though that I haven't read shit on the subject in the last decade, so newer research might prove otherwise now for all I know.

Ok heres a one i found by cheap i mean walmart, bf etc.
Sounded like people either loved or hated the cheap stuff on other bb forums.
And yea i have heard about staying away from soy as it boost estrogen

mBg3EaG.jpg

ingredients

Whey Protein Isolate, Super Recovery Blend (L-Glutamine, L-Taurine, L-Arginine, L-Alanine, L-Lysine, L-Leucine, Isoleucine, Valine), Natural And Artificial Flavors, Soy Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, Carrageenan.

Pay up for the good stuff, the cheaper ones will make you want to die.

Thats funny i know the blend ive been using comes with creatine and that too much will make you constipated and sure enough i took too much and wanted to die. I have never tried this isolate though and Im still a noob pretty much on what to look for and what my body needs. Im an ectomorph pretty sure thats where you can eat whatever and not gain weight so i was looking for weight/muscle for my shoulder, back ,thighs.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
^that'll be good stuff I bet.
The deal should be fair being from Wal-Mart, but gram for gram I'm betting those 8 pound buckets of isopure zero carb are a better deal.
$90 at once can be a bummer though when you have other things going on.
Also keep in mind that mixing about any protein (whey, egg, casein ect.) with skim milk is a winner.

Chickenhawk

A Bad Idea
Contributor
Reaction score
Yea, listen to Trench. He's a big mofo.

One of these days I'll stop being so damn broke (IE spending all my money on a stupid expensive truck and guns) and drop some money on quality supplements and start actually getting bigger.

I'm a hell of a lot stronger now than I was 3-4 months ago, but I won't call any of it "improvements" because of the gym. Most of it is me having learned proper technique, and getting back into the swing of actually working out.

It's damn near time to start lifting seriously. I'm 6'4", strong Eastern European blood, and not jacked as fuck. Something is wrong :lol:

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
^ Yeah when you're that tall it takes about 15-20 pounds to be real noticeable.
At least there's one thing good about being short lol.

Latest posts

')