Anyone here knowledgeable on cellphones?

• Thread starter Eric Christian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm sick of my Droid phone. At first I thought it was cool to have a big do everything device but now I've realized that its basically just a big piece of overpriced crap with really poor battery life. It sucks as a camera, it sucks at video, the 3G connection sucks, the internet browser sucks (no flash etc.) it sucks as an mp3 player and overall its simply does everything in slow motion.

So yeah, I want to go backward to just the the smallest ultra thin slider phone that has good battery life and simply just makes phone calls.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm, I have a Droid 2 and it's super fast, has Adobe Flash, awesome web browser, nice video and good camera pics, has decent battery life after tweaking, great 3G connection (Verizon), and surprisingly is good as an MP3 player and has EQ sets and such. I love the thing.

To address your question though... you said you only want it for phone calls but you mentioned you want a slider phone. So you still want one with a keyboard for texting I take it? If not and you just want phone calls I'll say I had the Motorola Razr for years prior and loved it as a phone. Had great call quality, great reception, great battery life, and was so nice and thin it was a great fit in the pocket.

Rev.

Vstro

Reaction score
Hmm, I have a Droid 2 and it's super fast, has Adobe Flash, awesome web browser, nice video and good camera pics, has decent battery life after tweaking, great 3G connection (Verizon), and surprisingly is good as an MP3 player and has EQ sets and such. I love the thing.

Rev.

Same here. I had the Droid 1 and it had some problems but they seemed to have made some nice improvements on the 2.

Reaction score
Well, my provider is Sprint and the "device" is a Samsung Moment running the Android operating system. Nothing really wrong with Sprint I guess but I hate this phone. Thanks for the heads up about the Razr.

Mr Violence

Reaction score
Sprint has the Evo and the Epic. Moment isn't a good interpretation of what Android can do. You might want to give it another shot. It's actually becoming pretty rare to see someone without a smartphone.

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd upgrade to another upgraded smartphone but I seldom use the features anyway so I want to downgrade back to a simple dumbphone. I looked at the Sprint store today and they had a little slider phone I might go with but I'm gonna keep looking for something smaller.

Blackheim

Guitar Emperor
Reaction score
I know that you are going for something smaller, HOWEVER, the Nokia n900 is such a great phone... For me it is almost a Linux based Computer, it has an average 5 mp camera and the web browser is like using Mozilla Firefox on a desktop...
You can also port tuxguitar which is a guitar pro clone for linux...

beneharris

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd upgrade to another upgraded smartphone but I seldom use the features anyway so I want to downgrade back to a simple dumbphone. I looked at the Sprint store today and they had a little slider phone I might go with but I'm gonna keep looking for something smaller.
just watch out, a lot of those cheaper phones aren't good quality. at this point, it will be worth your time to probably just find a good deal on a smart phone, and if you don't mind paying the extra couple of dollars for the data plan thats required (they should have tiered by now) then just do that.

even a lot of the regular old flip phones are requiring data plans now.

')