Anyone here proficient enough in vcarve pro (CAD program) to draw an RG8 body?

• Thread starter brutalwizard
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
My bassist works at a wood supplier with a CNC machine.

I would like to cnc a new rg8 body. But i suck at vcarve/auto cad programs.

If anyone knows how to work these programs and can get me a perfectly 3d drawn rg8 replica body in vcarve to make a replacement hit me up. Maybe we can work out a deal for compensation if you so desire.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HighPotency

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I think the 8 string bodies are only marginally different in size than the 6 and 7 string bodies, if at all. It might be easiest to find a model that's already made of a 6 or 7 string body and modify it a bit. If anything, I would bet only the center section is a little bit wider to compensate for how wide the neck and bridge are.

ThatCanadianGuy

Where am I? D:
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I think the 8 string bodies are only marginally different in size than the 6 and 7 string bodies, if at all. It might be easiest to find a model that's already made of a 6 or 7 string body and modify it a bit. If anything, I would bet only the center section is a little bit wider to compensate for how wide the neck and bridge are.

If this fails, I'm pretty sure most CAD/CAM programs have an option to increase the size of the body by ~10% from an existing RG body model.

')