Anyone here using Orange amps?

• Thread starter ToneCrafter
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ToneCrafter

Tone Magician
Reaction score
I plan on buying a Rockerverb 100 head in the near future if possible. I'm also trying to decide between the Orange 4x12 and an Avatar Contemporary 4x12.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
can you test it out first?

7StringofAblicK

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm up in the air about trying to find an Orange cab or one of the avatar.
I played an orange 212 and loved it, but no 412 :(. I'd hate to get the avatar and find out it didnt have the same type of mojo that orange cabs do

Apex1rg7x

Agent of Chaos
Reaction score
Ive tried the Rockerverb 100 and own a Orange 2x12 which im swapping for a 4x12 today hopefully. The rockerverb 100 sounds great but seems to basic for me. Its really cool if you dont need or want a lot of options or multiple channels. Stick with an Orange cabinet too, its worth the cash.

ToneCrafter

Tone Magician
Reaction score
Ive tried the Rockerverb 100 and own a Orange 2x12 which im swapping for a 4x12 today hopefully. The rockerverb 100 sounds great but seems to basic for me. Its really cool if you dont need or want a lot of options or multiple channels. Stick with an Orange cabinet too, its worth the cash.

I definitely don't need too many options. Two will suffice. lol

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
www.myspace.com/johnnytruant

any effects are added post recording, that is an orange rockerverb of some wattage completely unboosted just guitar-amp.

ToneCrafter

Tone Magician
Reaction score
Have you looked at the thunderverb? Still two channels, but more options :)

I haven't had any quality time with the Thunderverb, but from what I have heard it doesn't seem to have as much on the gain side as I'd like.

I'll definitely try to jam on one though.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I can't see the thunderverb having less gain then the rockerverb - especially when the first channel of the thunderverb is taken from a rockerverb ;). pays to do research, and i dunno WHY i was on the orange site last night lol.

BTW TC, that's not my band - would have been cool if it was!

Red

Made In The USA
Reaction score
One of the guys in Slipknot uses either a rockerverb or a thunderverb, not a big fan of them, but their tone isn't horrble, and shows that it can handle the low tunings well

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
I haven't had any quality time with the Thunderverb, but from what I have heard it doesn't seem to have as much on the gain side as I'd like.

I'll definitely try to jam on one though.
the thunderverb is the one with gain, the rockerverb has way less. If you want gain, you want to be looking at the thunderverb ;)

')