Anyone here who DOESN'T own a 7-String Guitar?

Nails In Your Coffin

Reaction score
I don't own a 7-String guitar. I won't have one until probably this time next year, as it's in a queue to be built.

I played one once, fell in love, and ordered a custom one. While intentions were to order a custom guitar in the first place, now that I've played a 7, I ordered a 7. :idea:

My custom guitar was supposed to be my 40th birthday gift, but it's probably going to turn out to be my 41st birthday gift. :noway:

I figure I'd just join the forum as a "head start" for learning a bit within the next year, and to just meet some cool people. :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DC23

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! You certainly don't have to feel left out here if you don't currently own a 7 (even though it's SSO). I don't currently own a seven string either. I used to own a 2000 Ibanez UV777BK, but had other obligations so I had to sell it :(

I am fairly certain that I will have the new Schecter KM-7 this year, or a new JL-7! Maybe if I'm lucky it will magically turn into a EBMM JPX7 :D

Tons of cool folks on here so you will spend a lot of time on here haha.

Rastamoneq

Reaction score
I also am waiting to buy some sick-ass guitar. Well, comes out I'm eighteen next year, maybe a guitar would be considered to be a present instead of anything else? :D

Anyways - welcome home, I believe. Have fun around!

mr_rainmaker

Resident Cherokee
Reaction score
:wavey:

missed your post,but there is a thread on here "somewhere" about members who don`t have 7`s,but still love this forum.

Now back to the purse swinging :realmad: that goes on here :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nails In Your Coffin

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! You certainly don't have to feel left out here if you don't currently own a 7 (even though it's SSO). I don't currently own a seven string either. I used to own a 2000 Ibanez UV777BK, but had other obligations so I had to sell it :(

I am fairly certain that I will have the new Schecter KM-7 this year, or a new JL-7! Maybe if I'm lucky it will magically turn into a EBMM JPX7 :D

Tons of cool folks on here so you will spend a lot of time on here haha.

Thanks for the greetings! Yeah, I know how it goes with other obligations! I put down a huge chunk on the custom while I have the money. There's a one-year waiting list, so who knows what'll happen within the next 365 days. I figured I'd jump on it while I could.

I also am waiting to buy some sick-ass guitar. Well, comes out I'm eighteen next year, maybe a guitar would be considered to be a present instead of anything else? :D

Anyways - welcome home, I believe. Have fun around!

Good idea! There are a lot of nice 7s out there. One of the main reasons I went with a custom is just because this is going to be "The One." This go-around, I have the money to spend on a really expensive instrument, and this one's gonna be my last (I'm sure we all say that...).

:wavey:

missed your post,but there is a thread on here "somewhere" about members who don`t have 7`s,but still love this forum.

Now back to the purse swinging :realmad: that goes on here :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I like this forum. You'll run into trolls and purse-swingers, regardless which forum you participate on, but you just gotta do your best to avoid it. :yesway: I'm not a huge "forum-monger," so I don't think I'll have much trouble steering clear of the trolls. At 40 years old, I have plenty of other things to keep busy with, aside from throwing breadcrumbs at the trolls. :D

I didn't see the thread for "members who don't have 7s."

Anyway, I can't wait to get my 7. After sitting down with one, I really did not want to pick up a 6er again! :ugh:

TylerEstes

Sheeeeeeeit
Reaction score
I don't have any guitar :lol:

But I put down a few bucks on my friends Agile Sceptor Pro like a week before I lost my job and it has 7 stings. Should be getting it next month or the month after that.

Played a cheapo LTD 7 string at a guitar store and loved it. "Welllllll if this is pretty much the lowest quality 7 string I could buy and it's awesome, I'll just take my friend up on his offer."

Plus he let me play his EBMM JPX-7 and it was really good.

Murmel

Reaction score
I pretty much play bass exclusively. Used to play more guitar and have two 7's, but I got bored with them :shrug:

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
I've had a few, maybe three or four 7 strings over the years as well as two 8 strings, but have owned and played 6 strings exclusively for about 2 years now. I miss them, and plan on getting some again one day when I can focus on music as much as I used to.

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
I don't!

I used to though, i owned an Ibanez rg7321 for a some years but i never really bonded with it + the extra string just got in the way so i sold it and bought a telecaster.

If i want to tune down to stupidly low i'll just tune one of my 6's down, i generally keep it at drop C though. I do want to try an actually good 7 string that isn't an ibanez (don't like the necks) and see if it can convince me to do the 7 string again but that's something for the future.

For now, 6 strings are the best!

Don Vito

Reaction score
Had a C7 hellraiser and an RG7321(many moons ago...). I bought them for playing nu metal and gothenburg stuff, but sold them because I prefer the feel of the 6 string.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
I own one now and have owned a few in the past, but lately I tend to just play my USA Strat more often than anything else. Currently I'm eyeballing the PRS SE 7 models. :D

Grats on your eventual custom 7! This is a great forum for guitar and music stuff in general, so having a 7 isn't really required to enjoy the place!

warhead

Reaction score
I`m not having a 7 string....had an RG7620 two times, but sold both before I really got to play them thoroughly........But I will surelly get 1, sooner than later, as I play 6 string tuned to B.........

Force

Jackson Addict
Reaction score
Never had one, never felt the need for one but, since setting up my Warlock in C, I'm thinking about getting one, one of the new Jackson JS Series 7's. Just not sure if I'd use it much.

MoshJosh

Reaction score
I've owned a few but currently I have no 7 strings. It's kind of a love hate relationship for me. When I've only got 6 I feel like I need more and when I get a 7 it TO MANY!

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I haven't owned a 7 in probably ...2 years or so, since March or April of '12. I just didn't use the low range enough and aesthetically it wasn't my thing so I didn't touch it. Now I've moved back to 6s exclusively.

Nails In Your Coffin

Reaction score
I don't!

I used to though, i owned an Ibanez rg7321 for a some years but i never really bonded with it + the extra string just got in the way so i sold it and bought a telecaster.

If i want to tune down to stupidly low i'll just tune one of my 6's down, i generally keep it at drop C though. I do want to try an actually good 7 string that isn't an ibanez (don't like the necks) and see if it can convince me to do the 7 string again but that's something for the future.

For now, 6 strings are the best!

Seven strings are a lot of strings, and I'll be the first to admit that I'm still trying to wrap my head around six strings. I like the idea of a seventh string because I won't have to tune down to a Drop D. I like that additional voicing it'll give me without having to mess around with tuning and retuning. It's kind of a pain to have to grab an Allen wrench, unlock a locking nut, tune down, then fine-tune, then lock everything back up, and tune again (I like Floyds).

Had a C7 hellraiser and an RG7321(many moons ago...). I bought them for playing nu metal and gothenburg stuff, but sold them because I prefer the feel of the 6 string.

It will be tough to acclimate to playing a 7-Stringer for me, because I'll always be thinking the top string will be a Low E.

Never owned one, still getting my head wrapped around a 6! ;)

I'm in the same boat you are, but after playing one, I just decided having another voicing would be great, especially for Metal. I'm not sure how often I'd use that 7th string, but it'll be there if I need it!

I own one now and have owned a few in the past, but lately I tend to just play my USA Strat more often than anything else. Currently I'm eyeballing the PRS SE 7 models. :D

Grats on your eventual custom 7! This is a great forum for guitar and music stuff in general, so having a 7 isn't really required to enjoy the place!

Thank you! I'm not sure if I said this earlier in the thread, but I ordered a Moser Custom Shop Faststar 7. :hbang: I can't wait to get it, and I will most certainly have high expectations of it!

Right now, my main guitars are my Warmoth "Star" and 2003 Jackson USA KV2. I'm absolutely in love with my Warmoth, it's definitely my go-to guitar. By far and away, I've never played another guitar that's felt so good to me. It just feels perfect to me. Of course, now that I've said that, it just raises the question as to why I want a 7-Stringer. I played one the other night and just fell in love with the feel and having that extra voicing. I don't really have any other explanation for it.

I`m not having a 7 string....had an RG7620 two times, but sold both before I really got to play them thoroughly........But I will surelly get 1, sooner than later, as I play 6 string tuned to B.........

I was expecting the 7 to feel a lot different from a 6, especially as far as the longer reach to that 7th string, but it didn't feel any different to me. It really felt natural.

Never had one, never felt the need for one but, since setting up my Warlock in C, I'm thinking about getting one, one of the new Jackson JS Series 7's. Just not sure if I'd use it much.

I just played a JS 7 (Dinky? Soloist?) the other night and it felt really good. Being a bit of a guitar snob, I don't really settle on anything not made in America any longer (except a Japanese Ibanez or ESP), so I wasn't interested in it. I think the price on this particular model was around $300. It was a decent guitar for the money.

I've owned a few but curantly I have no 7 strings. It's kind of a love hate relationship for me. When I've only got 6 I feel like I need more and when I get a 7 it TO MANY!

This is going to be an entirely new experience for me, so I figured I'll go for it. I think having the additional string will be a good thing and just add another challenge and some more excitement to playing.

I haven't owned a 7 in probably ...2 years or so, since March or April of '12. I just didn't use the low range enough and aesthetically it wasn't my thing so I didn't touch it. Now I've moved back to 6s exclusively.

I'm hoping I use the 7th string a lot, but if I don't, at least it'll be there for when I want to. I'm always open to trying a new guitar or a different feature.

Edika

Reaction score
I had a Carvin DC747, very nice guitar and played very nice but I couldn't get it to sound like I wanted to. I tried a D-Sonic/Air Norton set but the D-Sonic, while an improvement, didn't do it for me. I needed money at the time and along with not caring for the blank fretboard (it confused me) I sold it. I kind of regret it but it was a difficult time. Now I am looking at the Schecter KM-7 and the Jackson DK7M. I almost got in the Ormsby Hypermachine run for 2014 but unfortunately couldn't afford it even with the payment plan.