Anyone into the RGA121?

Semi-pro

Reaction score
Hi guys,

just came across this in-stock model:
Ibanez rga121h-Cdo Playback 592 € Exc VAT

It's the more rare one with the green finishing. Free shipping, it's gonna be on your front door in 48h at least if you live in Europe. Just thought of sharing this with you guys.

For the ones who don't know, the 121 model is no longer in production and is way better than the ones around these days.

No i don't work for that company :fawk: I'd get it if i was in a need of a 6-stringer, but actually i just got one second-hand... Somebody get this :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Key_Maker

9V inside
Reaction score
They're are awesome, but i preffer the olders with a thick maple top, tight as hell!

:wavey:

McBrain

Reaction score
RGA321 in danish shop for 1150 euro ($1500): LINK

That's damn cheap for such a great guitar.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They're are awesome, but i preffer the olders with a thick maple top, tight as hell!

All the Prestige RGA's have a thick maple top, even the ones that have opaque finishes.

The RGA321 was the only one to have a figured maple top.

As for as Ibanez guitars go, these [RGA's including the RGA121] are just about the best fixed bridge models they've made in recent years.

Dentom79

Reaction score
Photo0012.jpg

I prefer mine ^^

Reaction score

As far as I'm aware, all of RGA121's have the thick maple top (only really evident in the flat violin finish or whatever).

Regardless, amazing guitars.

dewy

Beet Farmer
Reaction score
As far as I'm aware, all of RGA121's have the thick maple top (only really evident in the flat violin finish or whatever).

Regardless, amazing guitars.

its easier to tell with the natural if you ask me. you can see the contrast between the plain maple and the mahogany.

anyway, best guitar Ibanez has ever made. Period.

QuambaFu

Reaction score
Agree. I played my friend's 121 last November and told him I wanted one after playing it for 5 minutes. That neck sold me on Ibanez prestige guitars. What is also nice is that you can pickup a used 121 for around $500 right now.

Excellent purchase!

shogunate

Reaction score
Dumb question (probly be answered by max :)) which, if any of the RGAs are neck through design?

I love those fucking bridges :yesway:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dumb question (probly be answered by max :)) which, if any of the RGAs are neck through design?

I love those fucking bridges :yesway:

None actually. There are a couple lower end Indonesian made set-neck models, but there has yet to be a production neck-thru RGA, RG's [RGT's] and Saber's yes, but not the arched top RGA's.

Perhaps in the near future there will be an RGAT?

One of the original "prototypes" made by Tak, for the RGA series was a neck-thru though:
P100015a.JPG

It was made for Buz of Unearth.

Key_Maker

9V inside
Reaction score
I didn't know that the red and green flake painted had maple top, that's interesting, but i hate those colors.

BTW i love my RGA121

RGA121.JPG

shogunate

Reaction score
Damn all you natty RGA owners, them things are sweeeeeet. Thanks for all the pr0nz though :lol:

And thank you max, I did a couple quick searches but couldn't find anything, but you know more about Ibbys than the whole of the interwebs :D

Gawd, it's gonna be mayhem up in here when bulb gets his LACS RGA :eek:

Latest posts

')