Anyone into Watches?

• Thread starter Keirosen
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Keirosen

JazzMaster Whore
Reaction score
Any watch enthusiasts on SSO? I never thought I'd have an interest in them, and then I started helping out a jewelry store. Now I'm always wearing one, and I'm always on the lookout for cool timepieces. Let's see what SSO is sporting on their wrists!

Mike

Reaction score
Any watch enthusiasts on SSO? I never thought I'd have an interest in them, and then I started helping out a jewelry store. Now I'm always wearing one, and I'm always on the lookout for cool timepieces. Let's see what SSO is sporting on their wrists!

Working at a jewelry store for a few years is what got me into watches as well. I have a couple of bulova's that I love and still really want to get my hands on a movado, but since I stopped working there the watch obsession kind of slowly faded away. Or maybe it's the lack of a discount lol. Jewelry store markup is crazy and where I worked I got stuff at cost, so My $400 bulova only cost me $180.

ThePhilosopher

Reason User
Reaction score
Seikos are my current bag, but I have quite a few watches.

Here are my newest additions:
MarathonNavi_0004.jpg

SeikoPepsi_0002.jpg

SeikoMil_0001.jpg

SeikoFFF_0002.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

UV7BK4LIFE

Schecter A7 addict
Reaction score
I'm not an expert on watches but there's a few that I like. My wife was wearing a fake Rado Integral for a year everyday, so I gave her the real version when the knockoff started literally falling apart.

rado_integral_small_quartz_jubil_153.0789.3.075.png

I have a cheap Invicta Ocean Ghost II but I like it, accurate enough and no batteries. If I ever have enough money for a luxury timepiece I'll get a TAG Heuer from the LINK series.

1751.jpg

Skyblue

Reaction score
I'm a big watches fan, but only started getting into them recently.

My current watch (which I love dearly):
Black_watches_men_Skagen_SKW6070.jpg

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I keep saying I'll buy one time and time again, and so far I've bought none. BUT, I did finally make a list of ones I want for the future so I can revisit it and start narrowing that same list down.

Still my most coveted one:
2254192-p-4x.jpg

Then slightly lower on the totem pole:
810W4fsNxKL._UY500_.jpg

81DMhk0AW5L._UY550_.jpg

Keirosen

JazzMaster Whore
Reaction score
Seikos are my current bag, but I have quite a few watches.

Here are my newest additions:
MarathonNavi_0004.jpg

SeikoPepsi_0002.jpg

SeikoMil_0001.jpg

SeikoFFF_0002.jpg
Love the classic auto. Seikos are the way to go! Gotta love their reliability. Their newest 1000m dive watch survived a 3000m plunge. Freakin' insane.

Keirosen

JazzMaster Whore
Reaction score
I keep saying I'll buy one time and time again, and so far I've bought none. BUT, I did finally make a list of ones I want for the future so I can revisit it and start narrowing that same list down.

Still my most coveted one:
2254192-p-4x.jpg

Then slightly lower on the totem pole:
810W4fsNxKL._UY500_.jpg

81DMhk0AW5L._UY550_.jpg
Look into Obaku, I think they actually have a model exactly like that Skagen, but cheaper.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Look into Obaku, I think they actually have a model exactly like that Skagen, but cheaper.

Yup, I've also got an Obaku on my list. They're also super sleek looking, I tend to prefer minimalism in my watches - which unsurprisingly the Europeans are really good at :lol:

thraxil

cylon
Reaction score
Nothing too special. I have a Skagen Titanium (in black mesh, as above), and a Citizen AT0200-05E Eco-Drive, which isn't super sexy, but is cool and super reliable with the whole solar power thing.

99% of the time though now, I wear my Pebble (now a Pebble Time Steel). It's not great looking, but it's so useful there's no going back for me.

TheStig1214

Mr. Tophat Jones
Reaction score
I love watches. Specifically skeleton watches. These are my two, both are currently broken. I can't wind the Relic and the Stuhrling's minute hand swings freely. Probably not worth fixing so I need a new one :/

CNfQDtO.jpg

(Side note, for any fans of the Hello Internet podcast, my dream watch is an Omega Speedmaster like Brady's)

a34d5e25f704e70981c1f023af97ec12.jpg

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
I don't have anything special at the moment, but I used to have a pretty awesome watch that I put on this wristband:

10269386_hi

Looking at this thread makes me want to upgrade my watch in the worst way, I might have to grab a watch and one of those wristbands and remake my old one.

TauSigmaNova

Guitarist Wannabe.
Reaction score
Love watches, wish I could have more.

My current two: a Wenger 7902x I got three or so years ago - cost about 150 at Costco and I've been using it almost daily till I got my new one, and I still wear it when I swim. It's been boating, driving, climbing, hiking, camping, swimming, everything. Cheap and Swiss made and it still works very well.
dad3daf14d8df8f65447309dbd.jpg

A Tissot Quickster - picked this up in April in St Maarten and I love it. Wear it daily, it has a built in stopwatch and two months after setting it nearly perfectly it's only a second and a half or so behind. The sapphire crystal glass really is very scratch-proof. Whole thing looks great.
tissot-quickster-chronograph-anthracite-dial-stainless-steel-mens-watch-t0954171106700_2.jpg

What I want:
This Frederique Constant Moonphase - Tried it on a few weeks ago and been in love since. It's very classy, the open back is insane, and it fit really nicely. You can find them online for between 2500-3000 but even then, it's not like I have that cash right now.
DSC01472.jpg

Omega Planet Ocean Seamaster in Blue - I seem to prefer Omega to Rolex. Hmm.
poti4.jpg

I'm also interested in a wide variety of Tags, Pateks, LeCoultres, Omegas, the all black Movados, etc. Not gonna bother posting all of them.

None of these pictures of mine, including the two of the watches I own. I'm not interested in searching through all my photos to find a picture of mine or to take a picture of both and upload them right now. However, the pictures I found are exactly the same as my pieces so it should do.

Also - TheStig, I was looking at a Stuhrling Auto skeleton face that I liked, but the chinese movement kinda put me off and I wasn't really in the market for a watch at the time. It looked pretty cool though.

bloc

tha vagina finda
Reaction score
I wouldn't say I'm into watches or anything, but I do wear one every time I leave my house

Kobalt

Reaction score
I'm not INTO watches, but I've been going around the idea of getting one since the last year, primarily because I find looking at your cellphone to know the time portrays wrong intentions and therefore is kind of disrespectful. Maybe it's just me?

TauSigmaNova

Guitarist Wannabe.
Reaction score
I'm not INTO watches, but I've been going around the idea of getting one since the last year, primarily because I find looking at your cellphone to know the time portrays wrong intentions and therefore is kind of disrespectful. Maybe it's just me?

Do it. On top of the fact that you won't have to look at your phone (though depending on the situation, people may find checking your watch disrespectful as they'll think you can't wait to leave), it'll look great :)

bloc

tha vagina finda
Reaction score
Tbh both can come off as disrespectful, you can't win. You just gotta know WHEN to check for the time!

Latest posts