Anyone into Watches?

• Thread starter Keirosen
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xzacx

Reaction score
I looked at some Devons, couldn’t find a chrome exo and none of them had any drip from 10 feet away and pretty overpriced IMO. I hate to say it but I got my eye on a Rolex date-just Roman full diamond my buddy has that’s similar to the pic...I think I want something ridiculous to commemorate my son’s passing- he loved bling lolView attachment 64066

I'm a big proponent of doing whatever makes you happy, but if you're going to bust down a steel Date-Just, just know that you're going to get hammered if you ever decide to sell or trade it. So hopefully it's your buddy that's taking the hit haha.

bulb

Reaction score
I looked at some Devons, couldn’t find a chrome exo and none of them had any drip from 10 feet away and pretty overpriced IMO. I hate to say it but I got my eye on a Rolex date-just Roman full diamond my buddy has that’s similar to the pic...I think I want something ridiculous to commemorate my son’s passing- he loved bling lolView attachment 64066
haha wow...how much does something like that run?

NateFalcon

Reaction score
haha wow...how much does something like that run?
Guy wants 15...he paid close to 20 but I’m trying to get him down to the 12-13 range. It’s honestly the last thing I need but I’m kinda set on something loud and it’s definitely blinding from any angle

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NateFalcon

Reaction score
I'm a big proponent of doing whatever makes you happy, but if you're going to bust down a steel Date-Just, just know that you're going to get hammered if you ever decide to sell or trade it. So hopefully it's your buddy that's taking the hit haha.
Definitely...I wouldn’t sell it, the guy says he’s only worn it twice so it’s mint and I’d have the back of it engraved with a memorial for my kid...probably “Larry Lives...We Sleep” -in reference to They Live which was his favorite movie

bulb

Reaction score
Guy wants 15...he paid close to 20 but I’m trying to get him down to the 12-13 range. It’s honestly the last thing I need but I’m kinda set on something loud and it’s definitely blinding from any angle

As the kids say: Yolo swag fam extra
Get it and post pics

777timesgod

Officially the unofficial Forum Censor
Reaction score
I own two watches, one Diesel and one Caterpilar. They are great workhorses and I got them for a ridiculous price years ago. They still look elegant today and gather compliments. Also I can check the time when I am bored by simply using peripheral vision as opposed to whipping out the cell phone and making it obvious.:agreed:

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I own two watches, one Diesel and one Caterpilar. They are great workhorses and I got them for a ridiculous price years ago. They still look elegant today and gather compliments. Also I can check the time when I am bored by simply using peripheral vision as opposed to whipping out the cell phone and making it obvious.:agreed:
:worth:

777timesgod

Officially the unofficial Forum Censor
Reaction score
Here are some quick photos of the Diesel one that I am wearing right now. I never correct the date on it, due to always having it in my mind but I think I should get to it eventually. The band is of course not the original one, that one was leather with screw-like buttons on the sides, I did not like it and due to the intense heat here in Cyprus, it made little sense to get a similar one when it got destroyed. The screw-buttons also caused damage to the band each time I wrapped it on my wrist. I opted for a cheaper one so that I can switch easily.
IMG_20180920_105905.jpg IMG_20180920_105901.jpg IMG_20180920_105922.jpg

Keirosen

JazzMaster Whore
Reaction score
Holy shit. I don’t feel the need to Necro this, cause well... it’s been pretty consistently posted on. Didn’t know the SS community had so many watch lovers!! Due to life happening and such, I’ve had to get rid of a lot of my watch collection, so it sure is nice to go back and see all these badass pieces in this thread!

Semi-pro

Reaction score
^ no need to bump if we keep it up :D I'm confident that I speak for a bunch of us saying that while the guitar/amp/pedal gas isn't bothering, the watch gas it :lol:

Oris 80th Anniversary Big Crown Pointer Date

40mm bronze case. I love it!

Sweet! I was eyeing a Big Crown Pointer Date in the BF craze, but managed to get through without any new purchases. One of the reasons being that I already decided to reward myself with a grail (let's say it's got something to do with divers and Sly Stallone...) after my band finishes the album we're working on, and I kinda got one already because of coming across a sweet deal that propably wouldn't repeat anytime soon. But it's buried in a closet and I'm not allowing myself to touch it before we're done with the album. So, pics coming later! :lol:

Anyway, has any of you heard of the Finnish watchmaker Stepan Sarpaneva? He used to work in Switzerland making watches for local brands until he started making his own watches in the 2000's. His Korona design is stunning, as well as Vetehinen from his "affordable line" called S.U.F (Sarpaneva Uhren Fabrik). Check them out below (serious drool alert!), I don't want to embed any pics because I think one should see how these designs allow such multiple variations:

https://www.google.com/search?q=sar...sPreAhVBBSwKHd6VCtUQ_AUIDigB&biw=1676&bih=936

https://www.google.com/search?q=sar...sPreAhVEjiwKHabMDuYQ_AUIDigB&biw=1676&bih=936

Last edited:

JSanta

Reaction score
I kind of took a break from the watch world for a bit, but I'm coming back. I took my Tudor BBB to get the bracelet refitted (yay losing 50 pounds) and tried on a second hand black dial Explorer II. I honestly haven't thought of making another purchase since getting my Tudor a couple of years ago. But the Explorer II really was wonderful.

It won't happen soon, but I'm thinking either a GMT Master II or Explorer II as a next watch. What's up for next purchases for everyone else?

beerandbeards

All things must pass
Reaction score
I kind of took a break from the watch world for a bit, but I'm coming back. I took my Tudor BBB to get the bracelet refitted (yay losing 50 pounds) and tried on a second hand black dial Explorer II. I honestly haven't thought of making another purchase since getting my Tudor a couple of years ago. But the Explorer II really was wonderful.

It won't happen soon, but I'm thinking either a GMT Master II or Explorer II as a next watch. What's up for next purchases for everyone else?

I’m thinking about starting a savings account and saving 10% of each paycheck. I think the Rolex Datejust 41 with the grey dial would be awesome. It’d take a few years but the feeling of saving would be epic

bulb

Reaction score

Right now the Nomos, Daytona and Dark Side have me well covered. If I get anything else I think a white face Explorer II would be sweet, but part of me just wants to save up for something dumb like an A Lange & Sohne Datograph

ThePhilosopher

Reason User
Reaction score
I nabbed this guy for under $500 for Christmas.
glycine24_0001-jpg.65919

JSanta

Reaction score
Right now the Nomos, Daytona and Dark Side have me well covered. If I get anything else I think a white face Explorer II would be sweet, but part of me just wants to save up for something dumb like an A Lange & Sohne Datograph

Did you see what Lange introduced at SIHH this year? The new Zeitwork is obviously a stunner, but this is the one that really caught my attention: https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/a-lange-and-sohne-lange-1-25th-anniversary-introducing

Not something that will probably ever be in the cards for me (any Lange honestly), but I do love them. You've already got a killer 3 watch collection, something like a Lange or JLC would be fantastic.

I'm going back and forth between a GMT Master II or the Explorer II. I like the really understated look of the Explorer II, so I will probably get one of those, but it will need the orange 24 hour hand.