Anyone Keep Going Back To EMG?

• Thread starter lewis
  • Start date
  • Tags
    emg pickups
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
My 57-7 66-7 combo is very noisy. Had the same issue with Loomis Blackouts. Both sets have the exposed poles and are apparently super noisy with EMI in my apartment.

I'm over them and ready to get something that doesn't screech constantly. Even with a gate, there's static and an overtone audible. This doesn't happen with any other pickups. Just the 57/66 set and Loomis Blackouts. I've been putting up with it for a year, but I'm ready to swap them out. Never had an issue with nose from any other pickups.

What's your favorite 7 string EMGs in the soap bar housing other than the 57/66 set?

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Stupid question probably, but does EMG have any active models that will fit in Dimarzio passive routes?

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I guess these are the seven string "retro active" humbucker models. Might have to give them a shot.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Going to use the HAX I bought forever ago for my strat I’m just sad that it’s chrome and not white

Latest posts

')