Anyone Keep Going Back To EMG?

• Thread starter lewis
  • Start date
  • Tags
    emg pickups
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Aliascent

Reaction score
I recently traded my Ibanez RGT6EXFX for a LTD F250 that came with HZ in them, and that was the first time I got my hands on those since 2005-07.

I love the way the bridge one sound, you can hear a hint of 81 in it, and it's still tight at C#. I can't get the neck to not sound muddy though, I can get a good lead sound from it but rythm is no bueno. I'll tinker with it some more, but no success for far.

Also got a Jackson Rhoads (JS32l) as partof a trade, slapped a 85 in the bridge, single volume no tone. Which is absolutely fantastic and I wish EMG offered a 85/60 set.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I love the way the bridge one sound, you can hear a hint of 81 in it, and it's still tight at C#. I can't get the neck to not sound muddy though, I can get a good lead sound from it but rythm is no bueno. I'll tinker with it some more, but no success for far.
What is the scale length? How many frets? Also, what height are the pickups at?

')