Anyone know how a zebrawood fretboard sounds?

7 strings of wonder

Reaction score
I'm planning to get a custom with a zebrawood fretboard but i was wondering about its tonalities. I'm looking for a bright, clear, djenty tone.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

demonx

Searls Guitars
Vendor
Reaction score
I'm planning to get a custom with a zebrawood fretboard but i was wondering about its tonalities. I'm looking for a bright, clear, djenty tone.

You'll get your "bright tone" by selecting the appropriate pickups. As long as your fingerboard is a hard enough timber to keep your frets in place (I've experiments with soft woods and it's not worth the effort), you also want to make sure your fingerboard is a decent thickness. Theres no problem with using zebrawood as a fingerboard.

Other than what I mentioned above they are all much of a muchness and it's all cosmetic.

littlephil

Reaction score
The body and neck materials have a much bigger effect than the fingerboard will. In my experience, the neck material is probably the biggest factor in bright/darkness, at least with dirty tones.

sell2792

Reaction score
Imo I'm starting to think that wood contributes less and less to the overall tone..

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
Lets just say it sounds good :lol:
027-2.jpg

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
Your woods aren't going to do much at all (unless your guitar is falling apart), build yourself a pretty guitar, select the pickups embodying what you want and rock the hell out.

sell2792

Reaction score
I'd say the main factors to your tone are your hands, pickups/electronics, and amp.
Pick the wood that looks best to you, and after that pick what electronics you need to get the most out of the slight nuances that the wood imparts.

Latest posts

')