Anyone know this bass?

• Thread starter mili9152
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mili9152

Reaction score
I picked this up on Craigslist and the previous owner knows nothing about it. It literally has no text on it whatsoever; I'm thinking it has an aftermarket paint job...

The fretboard does not feel like wood, I'm guessing it is some sort of synthetic material. Any ideas?

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

angus

Reaction score
Hard to tell about the fingerboard. Assuming the neck is wood, it might be an ebonol fingerboard.

The brand appears to be one of the Samick-related no-name brands, like Rogue, etc. Like 40 brands of cheaper instruments are produced out of the same factory, and often have looks like this.

The instrument is clearly inspired by the Japanese brand Tune, as the body is pretty similar to one of their models, and the headstock (with the reverse stringing) is insprired by some of theirs. Not a Tune, though.

angus

Reaction score
Yup- Johnson is one of those brands I mentioned. Samick makes the same instruments under a number of different names.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
Johnson/Samick/Washburn/Rogue no-name. Those EMGs are high-end for that spec, typically; would make me guess Washburn if they're not aftermarket.

')