Anyone like Fallujah

• Thread starter Dawn of the Shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
I also share these sentiments. I enjoyed this album but I feel that the drummer, while technically proficient, doesn't read the atmosphere and play a fitting groove in some of the contexts. It's over the top madness and I think the production of the drums lets him get away with it on record as the drums are ridiculously artificial sounding and oddly quiet in the mix. When I caught them live, the sound was all over the place since the drums were loud and overpowering everything else.

Compared to the EP and The Harvest Wombs, the drums on this one are the weakest. It's grown on me but I can see/hear where you guys are coming from. When I saw them in Greensboro, the venue was tiny so the drums weren't mic'd; it was actually well balanced from where I was standing. Room volume drums and guitars straight out of the cabinet balanced by the PA really sounded great. IF you were too far to one side you would miss the guitar opposite, but the drums didn't swallow everything up. I'd still like to see them in a bigger venue with proper acoustics for metal.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Can't stop listening to The Flesh Prevails. So badass. They just played like 15 minutes from me last month, really wish I had gone. Hopefully they'll tour again this summer.

gorthul

Reaction score
Sooo Fallujah will release a new album next year! It will be called Dreamless if I recall correctly. And at least one of the songs kicks ass, I'm sure the other songs will be amazing, too.

ChubbyEwok

Reaction score
Wow, it feels like they just released The Flesh Prevails yesterday, weird how fast time can pass. Super interested in hearing new material from them.

revivalmode

Reaction score
Sooo Fallujah will release a new album next year! It will be called Dreamless if I recall correctly. And at least one of the songs kicks ass, I'm sure the other songs will be amazing, too.

Yes, I saw them live a few days ago for the 3th time. They played a new song of the new album and it was absolutely amazing live. Will probably go to Eindhoven in Holland in about two weeks to check them out again :lol:

lemeker

SS.org Slacker
Reaction score
Yes, I saw them live a few days ago for the 3th time. They played a new song of the new album and it was absolutely amazing live. Will probably go to Eindhoven in Holland in about two weeks to check them out again :lol:

I want to see these guys really bad. These guys have easily become my favorite (add your favorite tag) death metal band. I wish I was half as talented as these guys. Can't wait for a new album.

gunch

goof-ass
Reaction score
Here's hoping if they keep with the ambient/edm tracks on the next one they go easy on the voice samples because they were cringey af

Nomadic EP is still their strongest material, that's not to say tracks from the last 2 like Amber Gaze or Levitation don't rule ass though

Their sense of hypnagogic melodies/atmospheric vision of death metal is hard to copy so I still love 'em

takotakumi

Reaction score
Amber Gaze Live is insaneee

Currently trying to learn that whammy bar part from the intro of void alone.
Scott makes it look so easy but in reality its very hard to emulate him :/ :eek:

Draceius

I hate everyone on this site
Reaction score
Here's hoping if they keep with the ambient/edm tracks on the next one they go easy on the voice samples because they were cringey af

Nomadic EP is still their strongest material, that's not to say tracks from the last 2 like Amber Gaze or Levitation don't rule ass though

Their sense of hypnagogic melodies/atmospheric vision of death metal is hard to copy so I still love 'em

Pretty much my entire sentiments, Dreamless is definitely my favourite material from them since Nomadic.

endmysuffering

I'm serious
Reaction score
Since everyone seems to be necroing like no tomorrow I'll weigh in. Favourite death metal band tied with Job for a cowboy and archspire at this point in time and they were my first live show, I couldn't love them more.
I personally think dreamless was a step to the left of the flesh prevails, it wasn't a whole new new thing but it was on par with the flesh prevails. They haven't really made any bad music since become death metal imo.

Latest posts

')