Anyone like Fallujah

• Thread starter Dawn of the Shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JustMac

ss not-so-regular
Reaction score
I honestly think after that this is contender #1 for metal album this year.

I had extremely high expectations but they somehow shattered them. Best song I've listened to in absolutely ages. Insane :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

revivalmode

Reaction score
I honestly think after that this is contender #1 for metal album this year.

I had extremely high expectations but they somehow shattered them. Best song I've listened to in absolutely ages. Insane :hbang:

This will probably the album I'm looking most forward to in 2014, along with the new Revocation which will be released somewhere in Fall this year.

bhakan

Reaction score
This song is fantastic. Super stoked for the new record.

I never actually listened to The Harvest Wombs (I probably should go do that), but I downloaded Nomadic on a whim because it was free for a day and it blew me away. Its still in regular rotation so I'm pumped for this album.

stevexc

Reaction score
Alright. Got home. Listened to it with better speakers. I dislike it less. But I still don't like it. It's missing a lot of what I liked from Harvest Wombs, but what really hurts it to my ears is the mix - there's maybe a solid 30 seconds that's not completely overpowered by reverb ambience smothering everything else?

Sorry dudes, I'm gonna have to sit this out.

revivalmode

Reaction score
This song is fantastic. Super stoked for the new record.

I never actually listened to The Harvest Wombs (I probably should go do that), but I downloaded Nomadic on a whim because it was free for a day and it blew me away. Its still in regular rotation so I'm pumped for this album.

Dudeeeeeee, you need to check THW as soon as you can, especially if you're a guitarist, you NEED to check The Flame Surreal! Your mind will be blown, one of the best instrumental/guitar driven tracks I've ever heard. :bowdown:

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Alright. Got home. Listened to it with better speakers. I dislike it less. But I still don't like it. It's missing a lot of what I liked from Harvest Wombs, but what really hurts it to my ears is the mix - there's maybe a solid 30 seconds that's not completely overpowered by reverb ambience smothering everything else?

everything-you-like.gif

Cnev

Reaction score

Heh, and that is exactly why I dig these guys so much. I can't think of another band that implements ambient music into a techy metal base so well. Maybe Uneven Structure, but I don't feel as though they make as much of an effort to blend the two together to the point of making a completely cohesive section/song. But, I am a huge ambient music fan, moreso than I am a metal fan, so there's that. New song is lovely.

Entropy Prevails

Reaction score
Alex posted the lyrics for Sapphire for anyone who´s interested.

Fallujah (Official Blog), Sapphire I

It seems like we will get another song in a few weeks and the whole album will be streamed before summer slaughter, which starts on July 17th. Get stoked people! This band is the future of metal!

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
I talked to Robert (bassist) yesterday for a bit. He said expect a new piece of something every week until SS. Not sure if that means songs, or just album info in general, but he said the next song is going to be a more straight-forward brutal song. He said that Sapphire was sort of the middle-ground of the album that includes all of the elements rolled into one song.

Cyn__Theia

They freak you out
Reaction score
Words cannot describe the feelings I get from "Sapphire".

I think saying this is the future of metal is a close approximation, but still an understatement.

There...there just aren't words to describe this feeling. I feel as if they have peered into my very soul and started composing music that would shake my very essence to the core.

no_dice

a very bad old bear
Reaction score
I feel like calling them the future of metal is a tad pretentious, but this new song is definitely great and they are excellent at what they do. They're one of the only metal bands I even care about these days.

revivalmode

Reaction score
The craziest thing ever is that these guys...they're in their early 20s. Jezus, I'm 23 years atm and probably will never come up with such genius songwriting :ugh:

Entropy Prevails

Reaction score
The craziest thing ever is that these guys...they're in their early 20s. Jezus, I'm 23 years atm and probably will never come up with such genius songwriting :ugh:

That´s EXACTLY the same thing that I thought about today. Alex is just one year older than me but does such amazing things. Just shows how much talent these guys have.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
To call these guys "the future of metal" is probably wrong imo, simply because they haven't created a template that can be easily replicated. They are too talented for most bands to copy. That said, hearing the new track has only concreted what I expected to be true; right now, Fallujah are the best metal band on the planet.

')