Anyone like Invent Animate?

• Thread starter BlackFalcon17
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackFalcon17

Reaction score
I couldn't find a thread on this band, correct me if I'm wrong. They just dropped a new single, hopefully this means a new album is on the way.
For me these guys are everything I liked about Northlane pre-Node and they expanded on that sound. Can't wait to see them live this summer!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ben Pinkus

Reaction score
Glad they navigated the vocalist change a while back and they seem to be hitting their stride even more now!

BlackFalcon17

Reaction score
I had no idea they changed, something happen to the previous dude?

Ben Pinkus

Reaction score
Yeah old vocalist left in 2018 I think and was replaced by the Aviana vocalist not sure why tho

Riverview

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Seen them live front row on the Trilogy Tour with Silent Planet , Currents , Greyhaven and Anthems . Great show . They played Celestial Floods and Dark , my 2 favorites by them . Their most recent album was by far the best metalcore release in years in my opinion , flawless front to back . The EP Sun Sleeps was ok , I got a vinyl and t-shirt , but this new song is sounding right up my alley . I'm actually seeing them again in about 13 days with Thornhill , Alpha Wolf and Erra . If you're a Vancouver local we can link up ! But yes , I'm excited for them all . Trust me , they will be good live .

Masoo2

Reaction score
I've been very happy to see them continuing to progress and grow over these last few years, but I still think Everchanger and Stillworld are among the best progressive metalcore releases of all time.

I miss Ben ;(

Reaction score
Really liked their last album, but I LOVED their latest EP. Hopefully they include some songs with that style in the new album.

SeventyFour

Reaction score
I'm necro-bumping this because their 4th full length, Heavener, is out now and I'm honestly crazy surprised there isn't more love for this band around here!

Stand out track for me below but the record deserves to be listened to in it's entirety from start to finish. It is a wild ride and a truly phenomenal production.

Last edited:

BlackFalcon17

Reaction score
Yes, they went hard on this one! I've had it on repeat since it came out, these guys are insane. Perfect workout playlist as well haha

Pat

Reaction score
Saw these guys supporting Erra a couple of weeks back. Never heard of them before, new album is brilliant though! I feel it's everything the past 2 architects albums should have been

Ben Pinkus

Reaction score
New album is fantastic, and they were on top form live on the UK tour

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
I've really been enjoying this band recently. Really solid stuff :yesway:

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I'd like it a lot if it weren't for the vocalist's almost constant inability to add any energy to the arrangements.

CGrant109

Reaction score
This band is great. Loved "Dark" on Greyview album, probably my favorite song of theirs next to "Luna" from Everchanger.

Gave the new album a listen, but it didn't stick as much, could just be that I'm getting older and listening to less metal like this these days. Will need to give it a couple more listens to see though.

I really really want to see these guys live, but everytime it's been for a tour pckge where they are the only band I'd want to see and they're opening. Want to catch a 30-45 min set from them to get the full experience.

SeventyFour

Reaction score
If you're in the US, they have hinted that they are working on putting together a headline tour later this year. Would love for them to bring that to the UK but they've only just finished their support run of ERRA here which was roughly 30 min sets. Still fantastic but they have a lot more songs, new and old, that I want to see live, even more so with the new record drop.

CTID

Pondering My Orb
Reaction score
i've been a fan of them ever since Jesse from Erra "co-produced" and posted about the little micro EP of Native Intellect/Courier, and saw them at the very beginning of 2020 before everything shut down while they were on tour with Silent Planet, Currents and Greyhaven (which also, check out Greyhaven if you haven't. that whole tour was stacked)

i've relistened to this album a few times and the middle kind of blurs together for me a bit too much. False Meridian is easily the best track imo and there's a small handful of songs that are really solid, but I think overall i prefer Greyview

Bassman1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Love this band! Top 5 for me for sure. While I enjoyed the first Album the most and still miss Ben, I still actively follow these guys thoroughly. I live in Berlin and saw them once in November and once last month. Seen them twice in Berlin on an ERRA headline tour... Such a great bill.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
The thing that gets me about this band is that it's good music, they seem like decent dudes, they can pull it off live etc... That still doesn't explain the hype for these guys though. It's Tool-esq levels of fanbase worship

')