Anyone like SLAM?

• Thread starter Acaciastrain360
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
This just acknowledges that you have no idea what the difference between slamming deathcore and deathcore influenced slam ist.
Jeeeeez...
None of those bands use anything close to slam riffs in the songs I checked out, especially Lorna Shore who are just blackened-deathcore. The most they have in common with actual slam is the vocals and thats it.

Acaciastrain360

Reaction score
I'm gonna need an official ruling, is this slam or false-slam?

Sounds a lot like Within Destruction... who claim they are slam, and dickey Allen says they are slam, which in favour makes it legit... therefore this is slam
And the slam police are probably gonna be here soon

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
my take on the evolution of slam within death metal through the next few post starting in 1991

Last edited:

MrBouleDeBowling

Reaction score
I LOVE slam. Abominable Putridity is my favorite of the genre.

Also, check out my buddies of Vaginal Addiction. They absolutely slay live.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
None of the bands in the OP are slam. Don't get me wrong, I like them, but they're just deathcore bands. Listen to Devourment and Dysentery for tru slamz.

Acaciastrain360

Reaction score
None of the bands in the OP are slam. Don't get me wrong, I like them, but they're just deathcore bands. Listen to Devourment and Dysentery for tru slamz.
I get you, you’re a purest! Which is cool, but they claim they’re slam, maybe in a loose meaning... but we’re all slam lovers here regardless :D x

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
I get you, you’re a purest! Which is cool, but they claim they’re slam, maybe in a loose meaning... but we’re all slam lovers here regardless :D x
I love a lot of bands who are incorporating slams and gutturals into their music, like Signs of the Swarm, Bodysnatcher, Spite, etc. Slam is just actually a genre of its own, so “real” slam bands are different. Bands like Dying Fetus and Guttural Secrete are a little different than those listed above.

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
Country Slam anyone?

Widowmaker is such a sick record. Banjo slam all day. I actually don't really care for the cricket vocals, this is really the only band with that style I can get into, mostly cause of the banjo lol

Reactions: Vyn
')