Anyone like SLAM?

• Thread starter Acaciastrain360
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I like the style, but I quickly get bored listen to alot of the music. I get the feeling that it's a minute (or less) of material stretched out to 4 or 5 minutes. Which to be fair is probably intentional, but that doesn't mean I want to listen to it for that long.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I thought I'd heard Infant Annihilator before, but apparently today was the first time. Those are some REALLY fast drums. And they have some ridiculous music videos. :lol:

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Am I allowed to call everything in this thread, “deathcore” and call it a day? :shrug:

e7b12725324551cda1a850a57837cab1_l.jpg

mpexus

Reaction score
Can this be called Slam?

Or is it Grindcore/Brutal Death Metal? Its not "true" Death Metal since this is much more extreme than what I consider Death Metal (at least when they appeared).

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
I was in a band called Malodorous once upon a time that was fairly slammy during the peak of slam back in the late 2000's. Never really listened to the genre but it was fun to play.

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
Yeah, why not. Analepsy, Coprocephalic, Ingested, Pathology, Vulvodynia and other stuff like that. Modern and slamming, sometimes little bit on the deathcore side.

I normally don't like Slam but this mix FUCKING SLAMS. Seriously, Kudos to the tracking and mixing engineers. That mix is heavier than an aircraft carrier.

larphi

Reaction score
Hey !
I like slamming death metal, very fun to play. Like any musical style, there are boring bands, and some really interesting ones... like Organectomy for example.

[Shameless promotion, sorry :D ]
By the way, I'm guitarist in Sexplush , a slamming death metal band from Montpellier, France.
We've just released our debut single

I hope you'll enjoy it !

See ya !

Acaciastrain360

Reaction score
BTW I don’t think Infant Annihilator class as SLAM anymore..... first release from the new album sounds like chaos sweep core haha but still one of my favourite bands for sure

akinari

Reaction score
Probably my favorite vocal performance from Ruben ever, he sounds awesome.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
The new Pathology that came out last Friday is really good, some surprising melodic elements to go with the slams.

Really looking forward to new Stillbirth, they rerecorded some of their older material with the current lineup. They have the best cover art too.

')