Anyone seen this? RG7620, JPM project sold for $1900

• Thread starter Jazzedout
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
oh man... I feel sorry for him :c
granted that its a nice guitar.. but.. its not a jpm clone IMHO
petrucci had the custom viper neck did he not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TMatt142

vagitarian
Reaction score
custom viper neck?????? I am not aware of this...and suddenly confused...fill me in on the details please.....And yes Mesh....Hustled is the word....

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
custom viper neck?????? I am not aware of this...and suddenly confused...fill me in on the details please.....And yes Mesh....Hustled is the word....

it was to do with the neck shape, rounder than a normal wizard neck.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
oh man... I feel sorry for him :c
granted that its a nice guitar.. but.. its not a jpm clone IMHO
petrucci had the custom viper neck did he not?

I know the guy who has a pair of the LACS JPM7s Ibanez built for JP before he left. The necks were very rounded but still slim (almost no shoulders), fully bound neck and headstock, ebony and rosewoods fretboards wit offset abalone dones and "Ibanez" on the headstock. According to the owner one guitar is alder (B/W picasso) and the blueburst (from the 7th heaven vid) was mahogany. Don't know what you're talking about the custom viper neck.

In this case the person bought a normal RG7620 with the same 3-5 piece basswood body and normal neck for $1900... That must blow especially if he's a member on here.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
I know the guy who has a pair of the LACS JPM7s Ibanez built for JP before he left. The necks were very rounded but still slim (almost no shoulders), fully bound neck and headstock, ebony and rosewoods fretboards wit offset abalone dones and "Ibanez" on the headstock. According to the owner one guitar is alder (B/W picasso) and the blueburst (from the 7th heaven vid) was mahogany. Don't know what you're talking about the custom viper neck.

In this case the person bought a normal RG7620 with the same 3-5 piece basswood body and normal neck for $1900... That must blow especially if he's a member on here.

MAybe it was a custom fretboard radius.. I definately remember petrucci talking about it in an interview somewhere.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
MAybe it was a custom fretboard radius.. I definately remember petrucci talking about it in an interview somewhere.

Don't think so - Ibanez weren't willing to change things up that much for him which is why he bailed. Also you'd want a radius to match the lo-pro.

TMatt142

vagitarian
Reaction score
Ok...moving on then....So basically we're at the point now where one starts hazing the buyer a bit.......

JP Universe

Giggity
Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys, it was me who bought the guitar... have to say I felt a bit ill in the stomach reading this thread :(. I based my price on what I can get in Australia (from what I can see). I originally bought a blk dot for $900 off ebay and the seller then bailed on it so I wanted something quick!!!! I looked through ebay a bit more and came across this. An RG 7620 unmodded would be approx $1500 - 2000 new in Australia, So I figured with the paint job, electronic mods and the pickups I was willing to pay $2000 and it went for 1900 so I was pretty happy in the end..... Now i'm having 2nd thoughts after these comments :(

Krankguitarist

Reaction score
^Hey, 7620's are cool guitars. And that one's certainly a nice looking specimen.

But...do they really go for that much on the used market there?

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
everything is crazy here, a used dual rec will go for 2 - 3 thousand dollars

xtrustisyoursx

Reaction score
note to self:
step 1 - buy gear from crackheads/poor musicians on craigslist
step 2 - sell to australians
step 3 - profit

JP Universe

Giggity
Contributor
Reaction score
note to self:
step 1 - buy gear from crackheads/poor musicians on craigslist
step 2 - sell to australians
step 3 - profit

You're probably onto something there!

Just to put it in perspective for the guys from the US you have to understand that we don't have much choice over here. While searching over the last 2 months for a 7 string (ebay is our only outlet as far as I know, anywhere else is overpriced) I came across a used RG7321 that went for $550 (head sanded off), another 1 with seymour duncs in it for $650. An RG7420 (pink) that went for $650 and the Universe blk dot (average condition) that I won for $900 (but seller pulled out :mad:). After 2 months my savings kept building and i couldn't wait any longer!!!!!

If I lived in America would I pay 1900 US for the JPM clone??? HELL NO!

Does anyone know of a used guitars you can get in Oz for cheap apart from Ebay or somewhere in US they will ship O/S?

')