Anyone seen this!

• Thread starter Fionn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

plyta

Rusty spoon...
Reaction score
Yup, old news. Too bad there is no proof it is actually playable :lol:

Fionn

Reaction score
yeah but surely going higher is hard due to tensions needed and going real low gets too difficult with distortion. and most 9+ strings i've seen have fanned frets due to tension problems!!! i mean 10 strings isn't that impressive Warr guitars do 14 but its different, its more in kind with a chapman stick, this looks as if its a metal styled guitar!

Reaction score
yeah but surely going higher is hard due to tensions needed and going real low gets too difficult with distortion. and most 9+ strings i've seen have fanned frets due to tension problems!!! i mean 10 strings isn't that impressive Warr guitars do 14 but its different, its more in kind with a chapman stick, this looks as if its a metal styled guitar!

Yup, old news. Too bad there is no proof it is actually playable :lol:

He said that because the one dude that bought a halo 10 string didn't get it in a usable state.

raisingfear101

Reaction score
maybe something like c# f# b e a d g b e a or f# b e a d g b e g a. basically i have no idea.

plyta

Rusty spoon...
Reaction score

this is the only video of this guitar I know of and IMHO it is utterly useless for anyone that actally might be interested in 10-string guitar.

Sroth Saraiel

BC Rich 7 Strings :)
Reaction score
NO FUC**NG WAY i´m gonna pay 5 grand for that ridiculous thing!

It doesn´t even have fanned frets? so what can you play there? powerchords only?

I got my total attention at first but after the price... nah... next...

anyways thanks for the info! and the video!

elvendio

Reaction score
The thing I find strange is that they would have a video trying to sell this guitar and not show anyone playing it.

Scarpie

Reaction score
Oh no problem, i have no idea. :lol:

You should probably just wait for the dude getting his Oni 9 string to chime in.

yes stealth you called?:lol::lol:

yeah fionn this ten string has been around for a while now. and it's tuned low to high:
C#,F#,B,E,A,D,G,B,E,A

and although most would go with fanned frets for such range, this halo and a roter 10 string weren't fanned. but i never played either nor have any PERSONAL experience, but i trust sebastian's luthiery. i personally went with fanned frets for the luxury of keeping the tension and tone of each string appropriate for it's tuning, and to keep it as "guitar" sounding/feeling as possible. :agreed::agreed:

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
This is just Halo wanting to jump the gun with the whole ERG thing going on. They think people will buy something just because it has a silly amount of strings. 7s and 8s have their uses and are geting more play, so they though 'lets go further!'.

I would get an 8 but I'd have no use for anything more. While that is a good looking guitar, it is vastly over priced and more of a publicity stunt than a useable instrument.

phaeded0ut

droooooneeeeeeeee!
Reaction score
I'm just amazed that Kahler builds a 10-string trem. Was shocked to find a 7 and a 8 not all that long ago.

Latest posts

')