Anyone tried modding a PRS stoptail / trem with a floyd-rose?

sunung1188

Reaction score
I was just really curious if anyone has tried this mod. The new "Floyd" PRS comes with the Floyd Rose stock but they are very expensive. I was wondering if I could buy a used PRS stoptail or a trem and mod it to a Floyd Rose.

If anyone has tried it or has any ideas or insights, it would be great to know!

Cheers!

main1.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MoshJosh

Reaction score
Neck angle permitting it should be possible, though you won't have the locking nut (could install one similar to the kahler aftermarket nuts I'm sure but ehh) it could also hurt the resale value if you ever want to sell

I personally wouldn't put big holes in my thousand dollar + guitar and unless you are doing all the work yourself and have an original Floyd Rose lying around it doesn't seem worth it to me

CrazyDean

Reaction score
Just buy one that's routed for a Floyd. You really don't want to go through the hassle of routing.

Pablo

Resident Wanker
Reaction score
Do not underestimate the cost of modding a guitar to fit a Floyd. Honestly, unless you are able and comfortable with doing job yourself, the best solution is to bite the bullit and buy the original.

Cheers

Eske

sunung1188

Reaction score
Thanks alot guys, I guess thanks to all your feedback and help, I will NOT be modding a PRS with a Floyd. The Torero and SE Floyd Customs do look real good! Thank you all!

')