Anyone tried the new ESP USA M-III?

• Thread starter andriusd
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

andriusd

Reaction score
Back to the topic:

I'll bet it plays just like any of the old Standard Series Japanese made ESPs. Whats so different about the USA shop besides the price really?

This kind of statement without even haven't touched the thing is as useless and helpless as it can get. Anyone could say the same about any guitar they haven't played.

ESP Japan is the Most Upper Tier Custom Shop instruments.
ESP USA is a step down from this, think very small batch high end production guitars.

Again, a statement without having at least touched the ESP USA guitars. That's not fair to ESP and misleading to anyone who reads this thread.

Sorry, guys, but enough of that nonesense and guesswork and let's talk facts here. I got carried away with that nonsensical bitching about E-II too, for which I apologize.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

madrigal77

Reaction score
Directly from ESP's site:

The New ESP Standard!
Until the end 2013, we had two levels of ESP Guitars: ESP Custom Shop, and ESP Standard. Those ESP Standard guitars were built in our Tokyo, Japan manufacturing facility, and the majority of the ESP models you’ve seen around the world for the past 39 years are ESP Standards. ESP E-II is simply a new name for that same series of guitars and basses. Just as it’s always been, all E-II models are made in Japan at our ESP-owned factory as our ESP Standard guitars and basses were. Same factory, same people, new name. That’s all.

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
You still refuse to do your own research and demand to be spoon fed.

Here's the USA product page:
ESP USA Landing - The ESP Guitar Company

ESP USA said:
For the first time in our company’s history (which will be 40 years as of 2015), we’ve opened a US-based factory. Located in North Hollywood CA, our new facility allows us to create instruments that continue ESP’s tradition of excellence in guitar building. What’s being crafted there in limited quantities is our new ESP USA series of guitars. These instruments are 100% made in the USA, and are among our very best we’ve ever offered. We’re happy to announce that the ESP USA models are now available from a select group of specialized musical instrument retailers known as the ESP Platinum Dealers. The current ESP USA line includes three models based on classic ESP designs, each in three luxurious finishes. Here’s a brief look at each one.

Here's the ESP News article about it:
ESP TO OPEN FIRST USA FACTORY IN 2014 - The ESP Guitar Company

This all essentially says:

High-end builds, small batches.

This isn't nonsense, or making a disservice to ESP, we're quoting them. I have been telling you everything that ESP has said to the community from the start, you ignore it all because I don't own the 5k$ instrument. You need to realize that when no one else in the thread is coming in to correct someone's information, that they're more than likely right. You can verify their information by searching for the ESP thread where we all discussed the changes as they were happening on SSO from last year or by going onto the ESP site, or by going to YouTube.

This is all the information that has been made available to you. Do with it how you want, because no one either owns an ESP USA here, or they just don't want to tell you about it.

andriusd

Reaction score
This isn't nonsense, or making a disservice to ESP, we're quoting them.

Quoting them? Did they explicitly say that ESP USA is a step down from Custom Shop Japan?

I have been telling you everything that ESP has said to the community from the start, you ignore it all because I don't own the 5k$ instrument.

No, I ignore it because you haven't even held that 5k$ instrument in your hands. I'm not asking for personal opinions based on what ESP marketing department says. I'm asking for opinions based on a first hand experience with these instruments.

You still refuse to do your own research and demand to be spoon fed.

On the contrary. I am going to visit ESP shop some day, but at the moment where I live, there are none.
As for being spoon-fed. Man, I so wish you and everyone else stopped spoon-feeding me with all those useless quotes from ESP website that I have read numerous times and that don't answer my questions nor dispute what I have said.

andriusd

Reaction score
Clearly I was responding to the E-II vs Standard debate. Are you off your meds or something?

Well clearly this topic is not about E-II and I asked to stick to the original topic. Besides, what you posted, would be of no use even if it was about E-II because everyone knows it. I mean, do you really think I somehow forgot to check the official ESP website for info?

People, let's keep "theoretical" discussions on the subject of E-II out of this thread. It's about ESP USA.

ascl

Reaction score
I am also quite curious about the quality of the USA made ESP's compared with the original (not standard) series out of Japan. I'm sure the quality will be high... but a hands on report would be great (I'm not going to get the chance, I go to Japan far more than the US!).

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
Good luck finding a platinum dealer, if there's not even an ESP dealer near you, then.

andriusd

Reaction score
Good luck finding a platinum dealer, if there's not even an ESP dealer near you, then.

I found one, it's just a matter of getting there :)

Which brings me to an other question: anyone knows why ESP USA are limited to only platinum dealers?

Jason2112

I'm old school
Reaction score
The rumours that Edwards are being made in China are just rumours (with some evidence revealed that they are made in Japan since around 2009).

That's not just a rumor, at least for the Edwards ELP line. There's a lengthy discussion over at mylespaul about it.

Latest posts

')