Anyone up for a Fuision Jam?

• Thread starter leadfootdriver
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

leadfootdriver

Reaction score
Dig it. I got new tubes, so I did this jam track to test them out. The backing track is strait off' my Drum Machine. All I did was program an arrangement from the stock samples.

The tubes are a JJ high Gain set for a Triaxis, from Eurotubes. I must say that I'm impressed. 'Cuz at first I didn't want a high gain set because the Tri had enough gain for me already, but BOB convinced me that it would tighten up the whole deal after explaining to him that I wanted a bit more authority in my tone after playing my Rockmaster setup, with EL34L's; and he was right!

Dcp_0025.jpg

This clip was recorded super quiet for a 180 watt stereo setup, and it's juicy, and articulate. It will be badass at a live volume.

Fusion jam track 2

My Take

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice job. You've got a very articulate tone happening there. :yesway:

I got admit though, every time I heard one of those midi cymbals crash, I got a chuckle. :lol:

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Listening now while im eating some tuna helper and typing lol.
I like it. Fusion has always been an interest for me. I like this so far. Great rhythm. I like the keys.
The rhythm sounds like a rhythm I'd write too so I can relate to it.
Those midi cymbals are so what Im used to as well so yeah, Im digging it.
Cool. :yesway:
Nice RG by the way in the photo. ;)

MyOwnEffigy

Satan's Scallion
Reaction score
Very tight production, I have to say. The drums sound a bit fake at times, but, hence, synthesized drums. Your guitar lines are sick though. Build up real well and pull it back nice and easy. I gotta say, I'm impressed with some of the sheer musicianship that comes around on this site.

As a side note, fusion is so freakin' hard to play! So, I have to dispense some credit simply based on that. =P

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
nice!

i've always been a metalhead, and i love jazz, so fusion is kinda the natural progression for me. good stuff!

got a new album in the works? ;)

leadfootdriver

Reaction score
revsharp777 said:
Nice job. You've got a very articulate tone happening there. :yesway:

I got admit though, every time I heard one of those midi cymbals crash, I got a chuckle. :lol:

Yep, it sounds better when you mix the drums yerself'! But it was just for the jam.

It would be cool if we could do a jam, or 2 everyweek. It's good for keepin' yer playing up. Everyone can join, and comment. AND also contribute jam tracks.

What does everyone think?

leadfootdriver

Reaction score
Bastard Toadflax said:
cool idea, the only down i see is that i have dial up...

Yeah, me to. Uploading with dialup takes FOR-EH-VEHR... FOR-EH-VEHR.

')