Anyone Use Drop G Tuning?

• Thread starter Se7enMeister
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DelfinoPie

Whoopsie Daisy!
Contributor
Reaction score
I put my Jackson in G today, not too sure if I like it though. I'll probably have it back up to standard in a few hours :lol:

I put my Les Paul 7 in A today and was playing Motley Crue for a few hours involving the 7th string, it was a fun way to spend an afternoon :)

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
i got a 7 to play in drop G... i ordered the mike sherman neck to play in that tuning, but then, while without a 7 string, igot that agile baritone with almost the same scale as the sherman neck will have... i then realized that holy shit, i can go all the way to E on this thing... so now G is a "maybe", and F seems more likely :p

metalmonster

Reaction score
tuned to A with my strings . too heavy , a little too much tension and i wanted to try something else ...

drop G .

just fuckin' brutal .that sound fucked the skull and makes people peeing in their pants

Stephen

Collibus/Scar Symmetry/Ex-Devin Townsend
Reaction score
Its not drop but i use C standard with a low G on one of my 7 strings for a few of my bands songs while my main 7 is tuned a semitone down.

I've gone lower as well since i have an 8 string also :D

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
The one that I imagine is close to his G. :p

...for now. I have had the idea to drop that low Bb to Ab, though. Then between the two guitars, I'd have a neat li'l combination of an open tuning and drop/standard. Ab, Eb, Ab, Eb, Ab, Db, Gb, Bb, Eb. I need to get new strings and work out this Bb business a bit better first, though. :)

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Between the two guitars, yeah, I essentially have a multi-scale 9.

IbanezDropA

Reaction score
My standard tuning I use has been drop G for the past couple months now despite my name, and I love the brutality you get from it.

noob_pwn

Reaction score
my band tunes to dropped G# and A#. I don't know why we ended up with those two tunings =\

welsh_7stinger

7=best number
Reaction score
i use drop G# but im now tempte dto see wt drop G sounds like, but yet again i do use drop D# on my 8. and i aint saying ill never go lower, i love low end rythem :p

Latest posts

')