Anyone Use Drop G Tuning?

• Thread starter Se7enMeister
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
o go back and forth from drop G# and standard A# on my rg7620 about 5 times a day (gotta love those tremol-no's) and cant decide which i like more

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Greatoliver

Looking to windward
Reaction score
Well I'm in drop A#... That's only 3 semitones away :)

Drop tunings kick ass tho, the chord possibilities are awesome, and just feels more groovey

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Drop G sharp for our song about a crack addicted whale.

Only good reason for going that low IMO is extremely doomy stonery stoner. makes it sound like a recording of conventional stoner slowed down.

Murmel

Reaction score
Well I'm in drop A#... That's only 3 semitones away :)

Drop tunings kick ass tho, the chord possibilities are awesome, and just feels more groovey

That's like someone saying "Hey I play in drop D" and you answering "I play in drop B, that's almost there" :lol:

TheBotquax

Reaction score
Whenever I play a drop A 7 string in guitar center, I can groove so hard! I can't wait to get my MH-417

littledoc

Go meat!
Reaction score
I'd think that would pretty much mandate a baritone-scale guitar, otherwise you're going to run into serious intonation issues. I know that Brandon Jacobs of Mutiny Within tunes his RGD2127Z down to F#. At that point, it seems like you might as well just grab an 8-string.

otisct20

Reaction score
g# is so heavy and i love it but 10-59 is too light of strings on a standard scale seven, so i tune to drop a for now, until i get a longer scale seven.

F0rte

Wood Whore
Reaction score
I did when I was playing within the ruins!
I enjoyed it, you just need the right gauge strings ;)

Latest posts

')