Anyone using the mac minis?

• Thread starter BonhamCarter
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey whats up everyone? First post here so not sure if this has been brought up at all. I'm thinking of purchasing a mac mini with the 2.0 quad core I7 lion server blah blah and just wondering how its handled itself recording. Ive heard mixed but mostly good reviews about it. The specs look decent and with 4 GB of ram it doesn't look like i could go wrong :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
I have to say man it's mighty awesome. I use a Mac Mini as my RECORDING ONLY computer and it's great. Mine's only 2GB of RAM since I wanted to buy my own RAM for much cheaper, and it's a BIT on the slow slide running Logic, Safari and iTunes all at once, so I'd think an upgrade is in order for multitasking, but no issues tracking whatsoever. I've played 10 tracks of music each with at LEAST 2-3 plugins on them at once with no issues whatsoever. No latency issues with tracking either.

Honestly it's the best money you'll ever spend on a computer. It's like getting an iMac for half the price basically, the specs are almost the EXACT same for half the price tag.

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
Hey whats up everyone? First post here so not sure if this has been brought up at all. I'm thinking of purchasing a mac mini with the 2.0 quad core I7 lion server blah blah and just wondering how its handled itself recording. Ive heard mixed but mostly good reviews about it. The specs look decent and with 4 GB of ram it doesn't look like i could go wrong :hbang:

1) Are you set on Mac (namely a Mac only program such as Logic)

2) Are you heavily limited in your budget and can't push it further?

Reaction score
hey sorry it took me so long to reply here going through internet problems haha, im pretty set on them for their price and what they have to offer. The one i actually ended up getting this friday has 4gb of ram with dual 500GB hard drives. 2.0 quad core I7. It was a refurbished model so i saved a little bit of cash and grabbed some nice mac accessories!

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
hey sorry it took me so long to reply here going through internet problems haha, im pretty set on them for their price and what they have to offer. The one i actually ended up getting this friday has 4gb of ram with dual 500GB hard drives. 2.0 quad core I7. It was a refurbished model so i saved a little bit of cash and grabbed some nice mac accessories!

Very nice man! Mine only has a single 500GB drive and 2GB of RAM. It rocks and it's pretty much half the price of an iMac for the same specs. I had NO clue you could add a second hard drive in this thing!! STOKED! :D

Scottckr

Wololololo
Reaction score
Aye, my friend has lent me his Mac Mini(I think it's the exact same specs as you described) since he barely uses it, using it exclusively for recording stuff, haven't gotten around to record too much on it yet though, but it seems stable.

sytraxiplague

Reaction score
I use my MacBook Pro for recording all the time, and it holds up nicely! Even when I have other things running behind my recording software. (Not a good idea heh, but it still runs great with this in mind!) So the Mac Mini will definitely do fine!

')