Anyone want to check out my band?

• Thread starter BucketheadRules
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
Hello guys and gals.

A few months ago I joined a band called Made From Colour, and we released our debut EP a week or two ago.

I've loved being in this band so far - the other guys are all people I've been friends with for a while at my music school, I love the songs and the music is a blast to play. It's great to be gigging with such talented bandmates, they're some of the best musicians I've ever played with.

Sound-wise, we're heavily influenced by J-rock bands like Gesu No Kiwami Otome, but also by pop, modern alt-rock and even jazz/fusion at times. We just call ourselves alternative rock to save time.

I didn't write any of these songs, they were done by the time I joined but I've begun contributing material. All the guitars on the EP are me.

Here's the opener - our bass player's favourite (for obvious reasons, listen to him go!) and one of mine too - really love the guitar parts I did on this. We're making a video for this one.

Here's one of our heavier ones, in 5/4 with some 6/4 thrown in #prog :D

This one is my favourite - and it was our opener at the time I joined, so it's the first song I ever played live with the band. I miss having this in the set - it's a blast to play. And for what it's worth, I think the solo at 3:18 is the best I've ever recorded for anything.

Hope you guys enjoy it! Let me know what you think.

If you like it, you can download it on Bandcamp here (name your price til the end of the month!):

Made From Colour

Ta :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackFalcon17

Reaction score
You guys are really good. I like how organic everything sounds. I'm sure this would be great to hear live

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Nice... very different in a good way. Congrats for your efforts.

C59 seems like a great song for a vid... especially the intro... capturing the listeners attention with those vocals.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
Thanks guys :)

And yeah, we've had good feedback on our live shows, we always enjoy ourselves and give everything we have. Mat (bass player) and I are bounding around the stage as much as we can. Neil (singer) can't do as much of that because he's pretty much constantly playing keys too, but hey!

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
Wow, thanks guys :)

Since you've all been so nice, here's another one - the last track on the EP, featuring probably my craziest solo at 4:15:

That one took a long time :D

Latest posts

')