Apex 2 with pinstriping tape

• Thread starter ChrisWFTS
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisWFTS

Reaction score
Looks pretty legit if you ask me, and only 4 bucks to do it!:hbang:

Attachments

• Apex.jpg
    Apex.jpg
    415.2 KB · Views: 234
  • Apex1.jpg
    Apex1.jpg
    448.6 KB · Views: 220
  • Apex2.jpg
    Apex2.jpg
    409.2 KB · Views: 182

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SYLrules88

I play drums!
Reaction score
wow that looks realy good man. i dont readily know what the headstock logo on that model looks like. did you do that up with tape too? because it matches really really well :yesway:

also, those are PAFs right? how are you liking them?

ChrisWFTS

Reaction score
wow that looks realy good man. i dont readily know what the headstock logo on that model looks like. did you do that up with tape too? because it matches really really well :yesway:

also, those are PAFs right? how are you liking them?

Yeah I did it to both the body and the headstock. Im actually planning on upgrading the pickups to a crunchlab/liquifire combo but that is not to say they arent good pickups. Just not for me. They actually can pull of some pretty heavy stuff and the neck is super smooth. The cleans are where they really shine though.

Kr1zalid

Archrocker
Reaction score
^ Nice!! Btw, it makes the guitar looks like a RG7821 or RG1077XL with the fixed bridge in green... Awesome! :hbang:

toiletstand

/\'...'/\
Reaction score
that looks great man. ive been wanting to do this to my apex2 since i first got it.

Moltar

Reaction score
I really love the way it makes the headstock look with the Ibanez logo already being white. Looks great!

Inazone

Reaction score
What lengths of tape were you working with? Didn't it wrinkle or crease when doing the cutaways, horns and tip of the headstock? I'd imagine you wouldn't be able to work with more than a couple of inches at a time.

ChrisWFTS

Reaction score
What lengths of tape were you working with? Didn't it wrinkle or crease when doing the cutaways, horns and tip of the headstock? I'd imagine you wouldn't be able to work with more than a couple of inches at a time.

Not on the body it didnt, the headstock was a different story. You really just have to get some yourself and mess with it. I got it to look almost perfect on the body, like you literally couldnt tell if it was fake. Im disputing wether or not to take it off the headstock though cause its kind of obvious.

Latest posts

')