Apex1 or K7.?

• Thread starter PACK018
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PACK018

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm having a bit of a hard time deciding which one to get. I've played a K7 before and loved it but I like the finish on the Apex1 better. I've havent had the chance to play on a Apex1 yet. What are the main differences between the two. Also Does anybody know where i can get the production numbers of the 2. I figure I'll end up buying which ever one was made less of seeing they'll be harder to get later on. thx

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm having a bit of a hard time deciding which one to get. I've played a K7 before and loved it but I like the finish on the Apex1 better. I've havent had the chance to play on a Apex1 yet. What are the main differences between the two. Also Does anybody know where i can get the production numbers of the 2. I figure I'll end up buying which ever one was made less of seeing they'll be harder to get later on. thx

Depending on what year Apex 1 you get, both models are the same (aside from finishes) try to find a Apex 1 with a lo pro, much win.

I don't think Ibanez would release the production numbers, if anything, a K-7 is quite uncommon now, and with the new Munky model, the Apex 1 will be also.

I have a K-7, it's fucking awesome, I'm sure you won't be disappointed by either, :metal:

ralphy1976

1 less ERGNESS
Reaction score
@Zomb : love the new avatar .. is that your 2011 style?

to OP : K7.. i hunted one for 5 years and i paid a very very good price for it, i am awaiting it, should be with me soon, i'll post a review when i have it

aslsmm

Banned
Reaction score
the fret board on the apex is a downer for me. i had a purple or blue k7 and it was the shit. should have never sold it. in fact, every time i get a custom guitar built i have them make the k7 neck prophilr. if i were you id get the gun metal k7. it is the best.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
@Zomb : love the new avatar .. is that your 2011 style?

to OP : K7.. i hunted one for 5 years and i paid a very very good price for it, i am awaiting it, should be with me soon, i'll post a review when i have it

Yeah :D profile has new pic too :p

I hunted down my K-7 for $175 (although it's missing the back cover) :D which one did you get?

ralphy1976

1 less ERGNESS
Reaction score
Yeah :D profile has new pic too :p

I hunted down my K-7 for $175 (although it's missing the back cover) :D which one did you get?

600 british pounds for a silver sparkle!!! i would have preferred a blue one but at this price i couldn't say no...really...really...really psyched and looking forward to having it!!!!!

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
600 british pounds for a silver sparkle!!! i would have preferred a blue one but at this price i couldn't say no...really...really...really psyched and looking forward to having it!!!!!

Nice! I have too want the blue one.

Does yours have the backplate?

PACK018

Reaction score
Both are hard to find.. Although the Apex1 you can still get new. The used ones are $300-400 more then then K7's. is the neck on both guitars the same?

PACK018

Reaction score
just so that i get you correctly, in NJ a used APEX1 is $300 to $400 MORE than a used K7..seriously?

I've seen k7's go for 800-1100 and Apex's go for no less then 1,400 online on forums, ebay etc..

ralphy1976

1 less ERGNESS
Reaction score
I've seen k7's go for 800-1100 and Apex's go for no less then 1,400 online on forums, ebay etc..

wooaa...i would have never guessed. personally (and bear in mind i have never played either) i would get a K7 over an Apex1 in a heart beat!!!

i guess that's why i've been hunting one down for so long!!!! :lol::hbang:

yeah..really eager to get my paws on it!!!!

aslsmm

Banned
Reaction score
you can locate a k7 on the bay for 500-600 in ruff shape. but a professional refinishing would be super bad ass any way.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I personally prefer the looks of the Apex1 to the K7 simply because I just don't care much for that K-7 inlay. I don't much care for the inlay on the Apex1 either, but I think it's the lesser of the two evils. Also, that weird leather looking finish is cool :yesway:

SkullCrusher

Reaction score
I saw on E bay in UK in august a apex 1 in mint condish for £650

and it didn't even sell!!!!

shoulda snapped it up.

PACK018

Reaction score
Aside from the finishes they're basically the same guitars. ? Price and availability being the only real difference

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Of the two, I'd say the K-7 is the more desirable model. Imo, the inlay is cleaner than the Cancer + stars inlay, and the finish on the K-7 has the added benefit of not rubbing off.

')