Apex1 or K7.?

• Thread starter PACK018
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PACK018

Reaction score
I'm still on the ropes... I'm surpised ibanez isn't decreasing prices not for nuttin but times are hard all around.. I think if they were to lower it a few hundred they'll sale more uints.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kawrn

Reaction score
This sunburst Apex100 is plain ugly,then seems damn expensive for an alder body.
Ibanez bring back the K7 or Apex1 ! Black or grey anyday !

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm still on the ropes... I'm surpised ibanez isn't decreasing prices not for nuttin but times are hard all around.. I think if they were to lower it a few hundred they'll sale more uints.

The fact that times are hard, especially here in the US, is one of the reason that the prices are so high. Even if Ibanez and their retailers (who are Ibanez's real customers since no one buys Ibanez guitars directly from Ibanez) lowers the price by $400 (over 15% reduction), it won't make for a substantial increase in unit sales to retailers, as it's still an expensive, niche item. If they lower the price by $400 they'd have to sell an extra seven guitars in order to recoup costs. Lets say the average run of guitars is 1000 units, that would mean they'd have to sell an extra almost 150 guitars. Do you really think a $2000 compared to a $2400 price tag would increase sales by that much?

Why do they have to make "x amount of money" at the end of the day? Because they are a business, and if they're to pay their employees as well as offset the costs of doing business they need certain guitars to produce proper sales figures.

All of this is basic business which is practiced by all successful companies, regardless of the product they produce.

PACK018

Reaction score
anybody have a Apex1 (2010 model)..?

mat091285

Reaction score
I have the K7 Blade Grey .. after a good set up i was riffing Blinded By Fear ... if i were you i would get the APEX100 it looks amazing! unless you going for a Mahogany Body.

PACK018

Reaction score
it's actually harder to find a Apex 1 then a K7.. if anybody is selling one lmk..

sean106ESP

Reaction score
Hi guys, guess I am part of the club again (meaning I had a 7 string ages ago) and just got back into it.

I bought the Apex 2 and liked a lot. I am OCD so I searched and got the Apex1BBK and am amazed (returned the Apex2...nice guitar but I wanted the trem for better tuning....the Apex 2 was a little finicky in the tuning department). I plan on getting a K7 although a friend told me the necks were a bit different. The pearl binding looks sick. In that the *69* one has Prestige neck and not the K7 neck. All I can say is from not using a 7 string for years and getting on the Apex1BBK the neck is SICK. Super fast, glossy and mega easy for sliding bar chords. Stays in tune like a glove. Not digging the U-Bar as it gets in the way as other have said, of fast palm muting. Output is great but is lower output as said. I just turn the gain up when I switch off from a 6 string ESP MXII-CTM Explorer with EMG's or any other of my EMG equipped guitars. I pondered he Apex 100 Tobacco-Burst but the Bike Black finish just IMO looks so good and feels so good. plus so expensive and did not find any used. (I wonder if my boy Pharaoh is on here :wavey:, probably LOL) Here is some high rez pics of her:
Ok guys here its is
DSC_0007.JPG

Thanks and I look forward to posting more in this community.

rippedflesh89

Reaction score
i think these guitars look sooo fucking awesome...

except for that stupid fucking 69 inlay... i mean even the stars look pretty cool... but that 69 inlay is the reason i will never buy one

sean106ESP

Reaction score
i think these guitars look sooo fucking awesome...

except for that stupid fucking 69 inlay... i mean even the stars look pretty cool... but that 69 inlay is the reason i will never buy one

I hear ya. Too each is own. But once you play it and feel the neck (i heard it differs a bit from the K-7 which I just bagged up) it is worth it. Actually looks kinda cool in person.

rippedflesh89

Reaction score
I hear ya. Too each is own. But once you play it and feel the neck (i heard it differs a bit from the K-7 which I just bagged up) it is worth it. Actually looks kinda cool in person.

i actually have played one... my local guitar tech owns a ton of ibanez 7's (hes strictly a 7 string player like me)... this definitely was a sweet playing guitar, but theres just something about my RG7620 3-piece neck that feels so amazing...

now if only my tech would get a universe that i try out (he doesnt own any because he hates guitars w/smaller frets and he said hes not a big fan of the neck profile on the new uni's)

Black_Sheep

Reaction score
I bought a K-7 just about a month ago, and it's awesome! I love pretty much everything in it. So, go for it. Im sure you can get one for a good price, and by that i mean cheaper than APEX.

I also made a topic about the K-7, feel free to comment there :)

Kr1zalid

Archrocker
Reaction score
I want a 27" version of this... NOW!

I bet it'll never happen... :lol:

Anyway, I tried the Apex1 in a dealer shop in Singapore. The Apex1 is really amazing! The body finish, the neck and the inlays are the specs that makes this guitar a win...

:cool:

')