Apparently, Meshuggah switched to Axe-FXs

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
just returned from their gig in Wiesbaden and from what i could see on Fred's rack, he had a pod xt pro and two Axe FX ultras, as well as a VETTA II sitting on top of the rack. Of course, i was stupid enough to forget to bring my camera with me :wallbash:
from what i could tell, the input lights on the Axe-FX indicated that he was using it all the time. Therefore, i doubt it's just for effects or his lead sound.

Unfortunately the PA was über-crap, so i won't comment on the tone/mix.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Used666

Reaction score
Glad to see that they are recently enlightened to the greatness of the axe fx :D

Shikaru

Mechanical Thunder
Contributor
Reaction score
A part of me hopes they sound terrible when they play here on the 8th then, I don't need more Axe-Fx GAS :(

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
They did mention in an interview that they were testing out an alternative to the Vetta, I suspected this was it.

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
They did mention in an interview that they were testing out an alternative to the Vetta, I suspected this was it.

yeah, i also immediately thought that when i read the interview

Nick

Reaction score
i'll see them on monday and possible get some pics!!!

working at 7:30 am the day after

both the show and the monring after are going to be brutal!!!!

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
They sound great, and I wouldn't mind one, but I certainly don't need gas for something that expensive right now. I still have my project strat to deal with as well as saving for an iso cab.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
Well....not neccesarily...they swear by the Vetta...

:flame:

Not shit talking about Meshuggah or anything, but I agree. They have always had pretty crappy tone (totally IMO) except for Obzen. I would never rock their guitar tone, or bulb's. Hopefully bulb can get an Axe FX too :lol:

John_Strychnine

I Was Once Groove.
Reaction score
Not shit talking about Meshuggah or anything, but I agree. They have always had pretty crappy tone (totally IMO) except for Obzen. I would never rock their guitar tone, or bulb's. Hopefully bulb can get an Axe FX too :lol:

Obzen's tone is their best tone, but the other tones really work for their intended purpose.

Chaosphere tone has too much gain though imo.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Interesting. Someone seeing them soon should take some pictures.

Christopher

Total Rondo Addict!
Contributor
Reaction score
This was just a matter of time imho. No offense to anyone that likes or uses a Vetta but the Axe Fx does everything that the Vetta does only better and some stuff that the Vetta can't. It's a no brainer for any touring pro with a budget to make that switch. When I switched over from my Vetta it wasn't even a subtle change. It was instantly better.

There are very few reasons left for anyone to run a Vetta or Pod Pro, budget being one of them.

Used666

Reaction score

My thoughts exactly. We've all heard what Misha can do with a pod. I can't imagine what would come out if he had an Axe FX.....

Dr. Von Goosewing

Contributor
Reaction score
This comes as no surprise really. I've never actually tried any of the pod series, but I've been playing around with an AxeFx Ultra the last couple of weeks, & they are very, very good. I expect all the big Line6 using bands will make the switch, it's just a matter of time.

Maybe this will force Line6 to buck their ideas up instead of rehashing old technology?